Chapter 3

Steila Alexa Hendricks was furious. 

     "How could he?" 

   She could not believe it.  Her boyfriend had the nerve to make her feel humiliated in front of everyone.  It was bad enough the boy's soccer team laughed at her.  Why did the cheerleading squad join them?

   She knew she was right. She was sure of it.  She just wished she could prove it.

     Maybe this way, the others would treat her with respect.  It was not her fault her father was over-obsessed with his job since her mother's death three years ago.

      She should have known better. Maybe, Jacob was right, and she was just a freak. 

      She shook her head. No, she was sure of it.  She was determined to prove them wrong just as she had all her teachers. She passed all her classes with all A's despite being the only one without both parents. She excelled in her gymnastics class as well.  Shoot, she even managed to teach herself how to play the violin.  

      Steila was sure of one thing. She was certain that everyone else was just jealous. Yes, that must be it. Why else did they go out of the way to be so mean?

       She was never mean to them. She was nice. She supported the others when things went badly in their lives. Now, why could not they do the same for her?

        Sure, she was only almost seventeen, but what does that have to do with it?  She never cheated on a test. She helped the new girl find her classes on the first day. Goodness, what did she have to do to show that she was not a mistake?

       She ran home in tears.  It was just too much to take in all at once. She tripped on the sidewalk and skinned her knee. Great, she thought just when things were bad enough.

      "Are you alright, Miss?"

      Steila turned around to see where the voice had come from, and at that moment, she almost passed out. It was him that odd neighbor boy everyone was telling her about at school. Wait, since when had she cared about their opinion anyway?

       "Yes, I am fine."

    "Okay, well, see you later, Miss?"

      "It is Steila Alexa Hendricks."

     "Nice to meet you, Steila. I am Nathan Fredricks Ferguson." 

        "Nice to meet you too, Nathan."

      She went into her house as Nathan watched her. 

        Nathan smiled when he realized she was the adorable girl who lived next door. 

     Whoa, how did he get to be so fortunate?

        Find out more in Chapter 4

         bye, bye little owlets!

     -  Summer out!

Published May 21, 2021

  Edits Made June 1, 2021