Chapter 8

One week later,  Nathan shook his head. Stella has been on his mind a lot.

    How long can he keep this up?  He felt awful.  It was as he had a pit in his stomach.

    Every time she walked by, he blushed.  He imagined how foolish he would look if he confessed to her.   There was no way she liked him. Not in a million years. Besides, last night he found out why his teeth were so jagged. It troubled him. He had fangs.

       He knew he was different but recently found out the reason.  It troubled him beyond repair. 

       Him, a vampire?  It explained a lot.  It still came as quite a shock.

       He knew, then, she must not ever find out.  

       Nathan could not take advantage of her or taste her blood. It would ruin everything. He rather be miserable as he loved her from afar than risk her ridicule or hatred.

       He sighed.  It was the fifth time he heard himself do so.

       He had finished the brownies not long ago. He wished he knew how to make them so maybe then he could drown his sorrows in the tasty confection.

       His sister Celeste noticed his glume look. She could tell he was smitten with the neighbor girl. She dared not tease him about it.

       Stella smiled up at Nathan on the way to school today. She thought he was rather handsome.   She figured perhaps she had a crush on him.  

      She shook her head. A guy like him must already have a girlfriend.

the story continues in Chapter 9

  bye-bye, little owlets!

  -Summer out!