Chapter 13

The news reporter shook her head.  She heard some devastating news.  The woman in the hospital with the abnormal bite marks was dead. The nurse found her on the floor with a metal rod stuck in her back. The mystery was who killed her and why?

     "The lady we spoke with last week has been brutally murdered."

      "The faculty at the hospital are puzzled about the circumstances surrounding her death. The note left by the body is even crazier. It read, Never trust a non-human. She had to be disposed of since she was half-vampire."

     "Whoa, it sounds like some crazy person killed her. "

       "Everyone knows, Vampires are not real. No, some other local explanation is behind her marks."

      "There are sightings of coyotes, wolfs, and such. "

         The reporter did not believe that vampire sightings were valid. She knew they were stuff in fantasy books.  Besides, there were no proof vampires ever existed.  She scoffed at the very idea.

       The dead woman was crazy.  She was certain. She was also sure that a crazier person had killed the lady. The trouble was proving it.

       She needed evidence beyond the odd message.  Did someone see a hurt lady as a threat?  

         Nathan turned off the television in shock. His head hurt, he felt as if his air supply had been cut off, for a second, and he sweated. Great, how was he to explain all this to Celeste or Grandma if they called again?

         Celeste saw the news coverage and shook her head. The reporter had it all wrong. She knew a vampire had gotten the lady, and the woman was close to becoming one herself. Why else the odd marks, the strange note, and the peculiar object used for the weapon?  One of their kind had attempted to turn a human.  Why had they done it?

       Grandma was furious because they may have to move again. Their lives could be in danger. 

         "What was she to do?"

    The story continues in Chapter 14

     Until then,

     bye-bye, little owlets!

   Summer out!