Chapter 10

" Nathan's  Flashback..."

     " Grandson,  I have a confession to make."

      "Oh, what is it, Grandma?"

       "You are extra sharp teeth are fangs."

        "Fangs?  What do you mean fangs!" Nathan shouted in disbelief.

          "You are not human. You are a vampire. We are all vampires."

                Nathan shook his head. He refused to believe it.  He never once drank blood or desired it. So how?

                 "H-how?  Vampires are ancient, but how can we be something that bad?"

               He stood there stunned.   His grandma told him the truth about his grandfather.

                 "Grandfather tried to turn someone against their will?  That is why he died?"               

                 "Yes, Nathan, that is what happened."

           "Celeste is not a vampire," Nathan argued.

            "She hides it well."

          Nathan ran to his room, slammed the door, and refused to come out. He sat on his bed as the tears flowed from his eyes.  He stayed there for days. 

       " End of Flashback..."

         Currently, Nathan was at odds about the whole thing.  How come his grandma told him within the last week?  Why not sooner?  It was his life he was talking about here.

           To think you know someone your whole life and everything turned out to be lies.

          He ate more brownies.  It was his sad attempt to avoid everyone. He knew it would be impossible to keep this up forever, but for the moment it was all he had.

         Yep, he drowned his sorrows in the tasty confection while Stella sat in her room in wonder at the drum music she heard earlier. Why did it sound so full of life one minute, then sad the next?

     What secrets was the person who played it have up their sleeves?  Why had Nathan avoided her all week?

       Stella had more questions than answers. She finished the science homework. She did the math next, then the history, and so forth.  She now sat on her bed with her journal in one hand and a pen in the other hand.  She wrote down her thoughts.  It was all she could do not to scream as everything around her appeared to burst at its very seams.

     The story continues in Chapter 11

     until then,

      bye-bye, little owlets!

   Summer out!