༻ all the things they said {kurapika x reader} ༺

someone requested a body insecurity kurapika x reader and i wanna project so here we go. my dearest apologies but this chapter isnt gonna be SUPER DUPER neutral. this chapter is more for chubbier people and/or people with bigger features. its also more for afab ppl. i may use any pronouns but im afab so i get the bullshit that comes with it. so enjoy

"why does my body have to look the way that it does? damn." you thought as you looked at yourself from a your floor length mirror.

you had just gotten back from a month long trip visiting your parents, siblings, and extended family. and now, your friends wanted to go out to eat brunch, since they hadn't seen you for so long.

currently, you were trying on different jackets, sweaters, different shirts, different pants, to try and cover yourself.

lets put it this way, your family wasnt all that kind. they loved to make comments and remarks. especially on your body.

practically every day that month you heard:

"you are practically falling out of that shirt."

"i can see your whole ass."

"you know you should really start dressing classier. be more ladylike why dont you. we dont want you turning into a slut now do we?"

"you know you've really grown since the last time i saw you. your boobs and thighs have developed so much more."

it frustrated you more and more everyday.

you had recently bought yourself a new dress, it was low cut and a little snug, but oh my was it cute. you had tried it on only to see that your cleavage was showing clear as day.

"damn," you murmured, "and i thought this dress would be super cute too."

you took it off, then opted for an outfit of a high neck top tucked into a pair of jeans. its not like you all had to dress fancy. gon and killua wore their usual attire, kurapika wore a brown knit sweater and khaki's, and leorio his usual just minus the blazer

just as you finished changing you heard a knock on the door.

"y/n? almost ready to go?" kurapika asked.

"just a few more minutes and ill be ready." you replied, quietly sighing.

you brushed over your shirt and grabbed your bag before heading out the door.

"alright lets hit the road." leorio said, grabbing his car keys from the counter.

the cafe you all arrived at was quite cozy. shelves with jam jars and miscellaneous trinkets, pinecones and leaves outlining these shelves, little desserts and pastries in a glass display case at the front counter. it was a rather nice looking place.

the food was rather nice too. gon and killua both ordered cinnamon rolls; gon with orange juice and killua with chocolate milk, and oh my were those cinnamon rolls big.

the food was delicious, but you didnt eat much. you didnt want to get anymore comments on your body than you already have.

the next day gon and killua wanted to go to the beach. you didnt know how to feel about going but you didnt want to make them sad, so you reluctantly agree. now you were in the predicament of what to wear. everything you had seemed to show too much of something. it took a good few minutes but you finally decided on an off-the-shoulder one piece. you ended up putting on a cover up dress over it.