༻ up late, pondering {kurapika x reader} ༺

ok so like TW but i just had my uncles funeral right, like remember that one authors note when i said my uncle died of brain cancer (idk the actual term) n i was at at my moms house for a family gathering n i was bored so i felt like updating for once so enjoy lil stink stink

tick... tock... tick... tock

the clock on your room ticked away as the minutes passed.

your sleep was peaceful, mostly anyway. you shifted in your slumber, only to feel a lack of presence. you felt along the sheets for a moment. they were empty; cold.

you quickly rose awake. knowing your lover, kurapika, he could be doing just about anything. whether it was safe or not.

you looked over to your left to see kurapika gazing over the balcony.

you sighed, headed for the balcony.

"kurapika," you began.

he flinched, "good lord you scared me."

"i'm sorry, love. anyhow, what are you doing up so late? it's 1:30 in the morning, kurapika."

"i... i don't know. just can't sleep i guess."

"c'mon. there's another reason why you're up so late. what're you thinking about?"

"i miss them. i regret how i was back then. it's my fault their dead. i'm the one that broke the rule. i'm the one that lead the phantom troupe right to them." his voice began to break.

"oh... kurapika," you immediately brought the boy inside and sat him in your bed. you knelt down on the floor, below his eye level.

"my dear, look at me," you started, "it's not you're fault. i know theres no amount of times i can say that that'll make you magically stop believing it, but it's true. you were just a young boy. you had a big heart, and your care for pairo far exceeded the rule you were given. you weren't and aren't the cause of the evil and cruelty flowing in the phantom troupes blood."

kurapika couldn't respond, he could only choke out incoherent sobs.

"let's get you to bed, honey. judging by those eyebags you really need it."

you helped kurapika shift over on the bed and pulled the covers over him. you joined him shortly after

"come here, my love." you motioned him closer to you.

he lay his head down on your shoulder while you wrapped your arm around him.

"goodnight, sweetheart," you kissed his forehead, "i'll always be here for you, no matter what."

woohoo i wrote in here again. anyways i cleaned my room for the first time in months 💪😈 alpha lea. i just needa vacuum but im scared to touch the vacuum cleaner bcus idk if i ever got the scorpion out of it. there was this rly big scorpion in my room once at like 10 o'clock at night n bcus i cant use my scorpion killing crack cocaine powder i used a vacuum cleaner to suck it up. i ramble a lot

anyways enjoy your winter break n y'know what tell me what you want for christmas this year im curious. bcus i want a shirt that says "i ❤️ hot dads". my mom told her employees abt it n they said she should buy one for both of us so we can match (she's divorced its fine)

ok bye

-lea