Chapter 7 - Part 3

I walked out to the parking lot and there he was, leaning against his car waiting for me. "Where do you plan for us to go ?" I asked as I walked towards him. "I'm not going to tell you, it's just something... different than the usual" he raised his brows. "Well I would like to know so that when I drive home, do I change or come dressed like this" I motioned to my current casual outfit. "I mean even though I couldn't care, at the same time I do because I don't want to be going to a fancy ass restaurant and here you are dressed pretty formally in your work attire and I'm dressed casually" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"You're perfect just the way you are" he smiled. "Aww look at you buttering me up. Stop it" I said as I couldn't help but break into a smile. "But no need to worry, I don't like fancy restaurants anyway so I wouldn't want to inconvenience you" he said as he shoved his hands into his pockets. "I appreciate that...anyway, should I follow you to wherever or do I need to drive home to leave my car ?" I asked. I knew what he was gonna say. "I can follow you home, you can leave your car and then we can go out" he suggested. I knew it. "Hmm okay" I said lastly before getting into my car.

Their was luckily no traffic out today so the sooner I get home then the sooner this little outing session will be over. When we were at the traffic light not far from home, he stopped beside me rather than following behind me. He lowered his window and motioned for me to do the same. "Are you going to challenge me to a drag race ?" I asked as I raised a brow. "It looks like it, you wanna take me on ?" He challenged. "I bet I can whip your ass" I said confidently. "Is that so ?" He questioned. "Don't forget that my best friend is a F1 driver - I learnt a thing or two from him personally" I reminded him. "Okay you're on. I'll be waiting for you at your house" he waved me off and rolled up his window. This is really irresponsible but the road is literally empty and we weren't that far from my house so a sprint race won't hurt right ?

I have a Mercedes C63 AMG and he has an Audi RS4. I'm confident that I can take him on. I switched the dynamic to race mode and was just waiting for the traffic light to turn green. As soon as the light turned green, I left the brake and stepped on the accelerator. My reaction time was much quicker and with the use of the pedal shifters, I was way ahead of him. I watched him from my rear view mirror, he tried but I don't think he was expecting that to happen. Can you blame me though if I'm really competitive and take things like this seriously ?

When I parked in front of our garage, I got out of the car and waiting a few seconds for him before he finally came, and parked besides me. I grabbed my belongings and locked my car before walking over to his passenger seat. "I let you win" he said as soon as I shut the door. "Oh please" I rolled my eyes. "You're just saying that because you're embarrassed that I beat you" I said as I crossed my arms over my chest. "I didn't think you'd actually whip me like that" He said as he reversed out of my driveway then drove off. "Well believe it or not, I just did" I said proudly. "What made you think that you were definitely going to beat me ?" He asked curiously.

"My tyres were already warm, I also didn't have a passenger so the less weight that I have, the faster I am. Also, I just had a gut feeling I'm that good" I shrugged. "I'll let you have your 5 minutes of fame" he joked. "5 minutes ? Mind you, I will remind you about this for the rest of your life" I laughed. It then struck me that this won't happen because this is possibly the last time I'll see him in a while. "So how does pizza sound ?" He asked as he briefly looked over at me. "I'm pretty good with that" I pursed my lips. "Anything specific that you want ?" He raised a brow in curiosity. "Magherita pizza" we said in unison. We shared a look and I broke into a smile. He knows me too well and I hate that.

"How do you remember ?" I asked in shock. "Way before we could even start dating, I took notice that whenever you were with your friends you'd be the one to order a magherita for yourself and the rest would order something else. It truly made you stand out from the rest and ever since I never forget" he smiled proudly at the memory. "Hmm, I'm surprised that you actually noticed that and remembered till today. You continue to surprise me" I said as I turned to look out of the window. "I'm full of surprises" he said lowly. The radio filled the silence in the car whilst we drove to the pizza place I assumed he was taking me to.