Chapter 3 - Part 7

After what ended up being a fun night, thanks to Michael, we called it a night when we checked that it's 10pm since we had to be up early in the morning to go to the track as it's qualifying day.

Daniel and I didn't really speak since our little moment in the bathroom. We just didn't get the chance and by all means I'd prefer not to talk, rather sleep and start off fresh than have the tension continue to linger in the air.

✧ ✧ ✧

The weekend was going by pretty fast in my opinion, I can't believe it's qualifying day already. I woke up earlier than usual, 6am to be exact as I was in the mood to go for a run. Both of them deep into their sleep, I would feel bad if I woke them up.

I let them be, I guess I'm on my own. I got changed into a white tank top, black shorts and black Nike running shoes. Before leaving the room I grabbed my headphones along with my phone, then made my way downstairs to the lobby.

Their was no specific route that I had chosen to follow, just running freely for the next hour was the plan. I blasted my workout playlist as I jogged along the pavement.

The sun was slowly starting to rise, very few people were out on their morning jog like myself, the streets were empty I guess since it's too early to go to work obviously.

As I came around the corner of the hotel, I managed to snap a picture of the beautiful sun rising along the horizon and posted it on my Instagram story. Walking back into the lobby I scrolled through my social media to see what I missed out on in the last 24 hours.

Just then I got a message from Hero, surprised to see he's up early in the morning. 'Damn what are you doing up so early ?' the message read. I guess he also got over the picture of Michael and I.

"Morning workout as always and why are you awake at this hour ?' I replied back. He read my message and the next thing I know, my heart stopped beating for a few seconds just as I entered the lift. He's calling me. I cleared my throat and let the call ring a few times before finally answering.

"Good morning Miss. (Y/L/N)" he greeted. I can already picture the cheeky grin on his face. "Hellooo. What a surprise to hear from you" I said as I swung my headphones in my hand. "I'm just glad you answered, I wanted to hear your beautiful voice" he said lowly at the end. Oh.

I pressed my lips together for a few seconds as I couldn't think of what to say next. "Erm, you still didn't answer my question, why are you awake so early which is so unlike you" I stated. He lowly chuckled, "Are you forgetting we're not in the same time zone love, it's only 9pm here." Oh right damn.

"Oh my bad that I forgot, if my parents were back home then I would've remembered since they call me every few hours when I'm not at home and remind me of the time" I said. "I see...so I'm assuming your parents are with you as well ?" He questioned. "Yes, they are" I said as just then the lift stopped on our floor. "What are you doing in Melbourne anyway ?" He asked curiously.

"I'm here for the formula one race" I said as I walked towards our room. "I didn't know you were into racing" he said in shock. "I used to watch it before when I was small with my dad and got back into it again about 3 years ago" I smiled as I had a mini flashback of all the memories.

"Interesting...how come ?" He asked intrigued. I stopped in front of our door and it just hit me that I forgot to carry the room key."Well, my best friend is a racer so" I said casually before knocking on the door. "No fucking way ! What's his name ?" He asked in rush. Just then the door opened and I was greeted by Michael. "Who's that ?" Michael mouthed. "My ex" I mouthed back. He shook his head as he let me walk in before closing the door behind me.