Chapter 3 - Part 2

"(Y/N) is that you ?" I heard the familiar voice call which made me stop in my tracks.

"No" I said as I rolled my eyes and continued walking to my car. "How can I not notice that voice" he jogged towards me. Just as I was about to open the car door, he placed his hand on the door to stop me. "Especially your sassiness" he said and just then I had no choice but to finally meet his eyes.

"Hello, Hero" I greeted him blandly as I leaned against the car. "Nice to see you too (Y/N), its been a while hasn't it ?" He asked as he furrowed his brows. The last person I would like to have a conversation with right now. Send help.

"3 and a half years I believe" I rolled my eyes. "Wow time really does fly, it feels like it all just happened yesterday though" he said as he took a step closer to me. "Look Hero, don't try your tricks because I'm not interested okay" I warned. "I'm not trying any tricks, just trying to make things right since we didn't end off on good terms" his tone softened. "I still don't want to see your face after what happened, now would you excuse me because I have to go home" I said as I tried to open the car door again but he shut it closed.

"Give me a chance to explain myself" he said pleadingly. "Give you a chance ? Fair enough if I hear your side of the story now but nothing can change my feelings towards you. Its been 3 and a half years Hero, I've moved on" I scoffed.

"Well, I haven't" he said honestly. Oh my god. I turned to the side to look anywhere else but him right now. "(Y/N) what you saw that night between Josephine and I was a mistake. I regret every single second I spent with her. I swear she was the one that kissed me that night, just before I could push her off me that's when you walked in and saw us" he rushed.

"Hero, it's in the past now. I don't care what happened, we can't go back in time to make things right so theirs no point in explaining yourself" I tilted my head to the side. "I just want you to know the truth since I know you think otherwise. I really miss you. I've tried to get over you these past 3 years but every girl I was with just couldn't come close to you and somehow I was always reminded of you" he said as his lips curled into a smile.

I could feel the heat rush to my cheeks. Dammit. I hope my holiday tan is doing the job in covering up my rosey cheeks right now.

"I don't expect you to say anything, it's okay. I just hope you find a will in you to forgive me or I can somehow earn your trust again... How about we start over ?" He suggested. "Pretend we're strangers again ?" I asked as I raised a brow. "Not exactly. We start off as friends all over again" he said as he shoved his hands into his pockets. "Just friends ?"I ask to be sure. "Or it could be something more" he winked.

"Hero" I scolded. "I'm kidding. All I ask is to earn your trust again and for you to forgive me. If we're destined to be together then destiny will bring us together again and if it's not meant to be then it's not meant to be" he shrugged his shoulders.

"Okay then, I'll give you another chance" I gave him a small smile. "Really ? Oh wow thank you" he said as his face lit up. The last I've seen him this happy is when we were together.

"You won't regret it" he smiled. "I hope not...anyways I should get going, my parents are waiting for their drinks" I said as I finally opened the car door and sat inside. "You haven't changed at all" he chuckled as he held the car door open. "I thought I have. I seem to be doing better without you since you were a pain in my ass" I teased. "Ouch that hurt" he said as he held his hand over his heart.