Chapter 5 - Part 1

Since I was so tired I didn't even bother switching my alarm on but I was lucky enough to wake up at 8:30 am on my own. If I had only stayed up last night to tell my mum about what happened then I probably wouldn't sleep all night because I'll continue to think about how we almost kissed. I still can't take it in.

The last thing I want to do right now is to check my phone, I can only imagine how many messages and probably even missed calls I received from last night. I guess I'll just leave that problem for later.

I finally got out of bed after staring at the ceiling for what felt like 10 minutes trying to recall what happened last night. I know I of course didn't get drunk but damn did that all really happen ?

I did my daily morning routine before facing my every day issue which is deciding what to wear to work. I finally settled on a pink satin skirt and a white short sleeve blouse tucked in, paired with pastel pink mid heels. I felt like I was already running late so I quickly did my hair and makeup before grabbing my purse then made my way downstairs.

The house was quieter than usual and just as I stepped foot into the garage, my parents car isn't here. I'm really slacking today.

As I stepped foot into the office, everyone turned to look at me, I'm assuming everyone's shocked that this one time my parents are here before me. I ignored the stares and went straight to my office. "Glad you're finally here" my mum said. "Oh my gosh you scared me" I said in shock. "You've got some explaining to do young lady" she said as she sat back against the couch. "Not now mum, I need to do my work and ugh I don't want to talk about it right now" I sighed and sat on my chair.

"I saved you last night and I also let you get some rest after my sleep got disturbed by your phone going off like theirs no tomorrow so I believe I need an explanation now" she said as she folded her arms. "Oh wow, well first I'm sorry and gosh I don't know where to start" I said as I turned on my chair to look at her sat opposite me.

"Start with the date" she said calmly. "Well, it was cute at first like how he stood up for me when Katherine came around to start something -"

"She was actually there ? Oh gosh" my mum said. "Then we went to the cafe and oh my god he even posted about me on his story ! After all of that he offered to walk me to the door and that is when you saw that" I held my head in my hands. "Mhm...and is that why Michael and Daniel phoned you continuously last night ?" She asked as she tilted her head.

"Shit. I actually forgot about that for a hot minute" I said as I looked up at her. "You poor thing. Some night you had, sounds like me back in the day" she giggled. "Mum, what do I do ?" I said as I placed my hands under my chin. "I told you that Hero is no good for you because he's trying to get you back, theirs no way that he can just be friends with you. You can continue to see him if you'd like because I can't stop you but just keep that thought at the back of your mind. Daniel and Michael clearly care for you, they'll also treat you a lot better than Hero did" she said honestly.

I raised my brows, "I'll try to keep my distance from Hero if that's even possible because I know he will only try to get closer to me. Please stop taking Daniel and Michael's part. Michael probably cares but not Daniel" I said as I huffed and looked away. "Find me a better son-in-law, I'll wait" she smiled but then dropped when she realised what I said last. "Why would Daniel not care ?" She asked. "Do you not see what I see ?" I asked as I raised a brow at her.

"I know you really like him but what's wrong hun ?" She asked as she got up to sit at the edge of my desk. "Well this Jessica girl is now in the picture, i don't know what they are but he surely isn't the same when he's around her" I said as I crossed my arms over my chest. "You're jealous and that's okay because you have strong feelings for him which I'm sure has been there a long time" she gave me a small smile.