Chapter 1

Before I even think of starting about Daniel, lets go back to where it all started, all thanks to my boy Mikey also known as Michael Italiano.

I've always been an extrovert, I'd say I have a great sense of humour, bubbly and outgoing. My big and loud family is to blame on having an influence on me, they may seem normal when we're out but when we're all together it's an uproar at home.

Growing up I've never found one true friend unfortunately, I've been in many cliques at school yet didn't really see anyone putting in the same effort into our friendship as I did. As sad it may sound I didn't really bother as I've been told by quite a number of people that the true friends that will really stick with you are the ones you meet after high school which I was glad to meet new people, so I told myself let the journey begin.

I remember being 22 at the time, it was after Christmas that my mum had decided to throw a reunion party with all of her closest friends that she was still in contact with, some from high school and some from college.

But she was really looking forward to seeing one of her best friends from London whom she hadn't seen in so many years, gosh I don't even know how many years its been but all I know is that my mum hadn't seen her after she finished college as she moved the country to get married to my dad.

My mum had invited the mums with their kids in hopes of me getting along with them because we all know how much they'd love to see that.

Surprisingly not many of my mums friends had kids around my age, some were a lot younger or some didn't have any kids at all. Only one of them stood out from the rest and that was Michael.

He was handsome - he still is - he was little bit buff at the time which I believe was when he just started going to the gym and he was 25 at the time. I didn't have the guts in me to make the first conversation because as bubbly and outgoing I may be, I ain't the exact same when it comes to guys unless I know them really well.

It was towards the end of the party, I've seen him around but hadn't bothered to speak to him, not yet anyways because I'm sure my mum would do the job of introducing us. I was on the couch playing with my phone to kill some time until my mum disrupted me, "Sweetheart, could you come over here for a minute ?" She called from the backyard. "I'll be out in a second" I said as I then stood up from where I was on the couch, I straightened out my black mini skirt and fixed my white top before walking outside.

"Darling, I'd like you to meet my best friend, Kate and her son, Michael" my mum introduced them. "Hi, it's such a pleasure to finally meet you, I've heard a lot about you from mum" I smiled as I then pulled her in for a hug. "All good things I hope" she laughed. "Yeah of course" I smiled. "This is my lovely daughter, (Y/N)" my mum said. "Hi" I waved at Michael. "Hey" he waved back. "Well, we'll leave you two alone. We'll be inside if you need us" my mum said as she and Kate walked inside the house. Ugh why mum.

"So...interesting to see you here" I started. "And why's that ?" He asked as he placed his hands into his jeans pockets. "I haven't met one person today in my age group yet here you are, it's strange..." I trailed. "I wouldn't have came to be honest, but my mum insisted I come to meet yours and I also heard that she had a beautiful daughter so I had to meet her" he smiled. "You're joking aren't you ?" I asked as I raised a brow. "Well, I mean it's half the truth" he said. I raised my brow again for him to go on.

"Okay well she didn't say exactly that...but I thought that I might as well meet you myself and I mean what I said" he pressed his lips together. "Aww thank you, that's really sweet...I see that you're a charmer, I like you already" I began to blush. We just met, how is it that a guy has an effect on me like this.

When it was time for him to go, we hugged each other and walked over to the front door. "It was great meeting you, we should hang out more often" I suggested. "I'd like that" he smiled at me. Just then mine and Michael's mum came to the front door. "We'll see you tomorrow yeah ?" Michael's mum asked. Tomorrow ?

"What's happening tomorrow ?" I asked. "Well one day isn't enough for us to catch up so she's coming back tomorrow" my mum said. "Ahh okay I see" I bit my bottom lip. "So you kids can go out tomorrow whilst we stay in" Michael's mum said. "Sure, that's fine with me. Fine with you ?" He asked to be sure. "Of course" I said in an obvious tone. We then exchanged numbers and said our last good bye. When I finally closed the front door, my mum had a look on her face. "Don't say anything, I know what you're thinking" I laughed as I walked past her. "He's so handsome" she said from behind me.

"Fair enough but I just met him" I said as I then turned on my heel to look at her. "I can already see it happening" she said as she then held her hands together and looked at me with loving eyes. "Oh gosh...I'm going to crash on the couch" I rolled my eyes before laying on the couch.

That week was probably the most fun I've had in my life, we did so many things that I hadn't thought of doing before. We definitely grew a lot closer and unfortunately when he had to go back home I was really saddened, but we made sure to stay in contact and we kept that promise.

Now that we're best friends, I travel a lot more to meet him and Daniel as well. Since I've finished up on the person behind Daniel and I meeting, it's about time you know how Daniel and I met.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: So that was the first chapter, what do you guys think ? Please vote and comment, I'd really appreciate it. I have no idea what's Michael's mums name so therefore I created the character Kate (just a heads up). Much love .xx