24

Running Through Secrets

guinevere/Lancelot
Guinevere and Tedros
In the dead of night, under the cover of darkness, the queen of Camelot snuck out of the window of her private chambers to meet the love of her life. She knew it was risky, but she'd planned for this. She was ready for this. She walked down the path to the stables in complete darkness. She was weary of being seen, but how could she?
   The answer to that question came in the form of her sweet son Tedros. When Guin saw him, he was standing at his open window, big blue gaze curious.
    "Mama? What are you doing?" He asked innocently. This was the one variable that Guinevere hadn't taken into account. What was she supposed to say? What if Tedros started crying? How was she supposed to leave then?
Guin sighed and walked over to the window. Grabbing her son's hand, he was so tiny for his age, she squeezed and said, "Mama has to run some super secret errands with Lance ok? Don't tell  your father." Tedros's eyes lit up at this. He loved the little secret games he played with his mother. More often than not, they involved Lancelot but that was ok with Tedros. He liked Lance and if his mother was happy, he was happy. So little Tedros slipped away from the window safe in the knowledge that his mother was leaving happy and that he'd have a new secret to keep.
That morning, the king of Camelot woke up to a cold bed and a mischievously smiling son.
(it's short I know. I'm currently prewriting oneshots that are longer to get on a schedule that I keep promising but that never comes. I hope you enjoy this oneshot.