30

New Rules
Agatha was relatively new to this marriage thing, but she was pretty sure that you were not supposed to yell at your wife for standing up for herself to one of your friends, but that was what her dear husband had just done.
one hour earlier
    "And to summarize," said the old council member who's name Agatha could never quiet remember, "you ditched the dinner party because you were getting war flashbacks, threw up on the empress's shews from stress, and then neglected to even write a thank you note?!"
    "Uhh," Agatha said scratching the back of her neck nervously, "yep that's about it." The matter of discussion was Tedros and Agatha's recent visit to a neighboring kingdom where she'd, apparently, caused something of a national incident.
"Do you have anything to say for yourself?" Said the advisor snootily.
Agatha sighed. "I should apologize, but I don't see why I should have to. We've just been through a war where i've seen my husband stabbed through the heart, two usurpers who double-crossed us several times, and gained and lost two brothers. I think it's natural to still be struggling."
Tedros looked awkwardly between the two. He wanted to defend Agatha, but situations like this were happening quite often even before the second woods war. He should stop it before someone tried to usurp the throne again because they thought they were unfit rulers.
    "Agatha, you really should have shown more discretion and been more polite."
Agatha looked at Tedros hurt.
    "Is that really what you think?"
    "Yes! I mean, you're making a mockery of our kingdom. What if you'd have done something impolite to their culture?! Did you even research before we went?!"
Agatha squared her shoulders, got up, and turned around before they could see her cry.
    "Well, if that's what you think, maybe I shouldn't go to these visits! Maybe I should just stay in my room if i'm such a mockery." She walked out and slammed the door behind her.
Two weeks earlier
Agatha was in a frenzy. She wanted to get everything right in this neighboring kingdom. The throne had just almost been stolen from right underneath them, and she wanted to rebuild the reputation of Camelot into something that they, and others in the woods, could be proud of. It wouldn't do to mess up. She got all of her culture, etiquette, and history books out, and began reading." Two days later she felt ready. She'd even brought a gift for the empress.
After they got home, she didn't write a thank you note. She'd learned through reading and talking to the people that her hosts didn't accept thank you notes, and so she'd thanked them in their custom way. The empress had written to her privately telling her that she'd loved her company, she didn't like the shews that she'd ruined anyway, and she'd love to have her company again if both their schedules allowed it.
She'd thought she'd done alright for her first visit post war, but Tedros and the council didn't seem to think so.
Tedros was fuming in the corridor when he was approached by one of Agatha's young maids.
    "Your majesty, I know it's below my station, but I need to say something." Tedros drew breath to say something, but she started talking again before he could. "Agatha told me what happened and you were way out of line! Before your bags were even packed, queen Agatha was researching the kingdom! She knew their customs, mannerisms, history, and social cercles before you even had a thought in your mind about stepping out the door to leave! She didn't write a thank you note because SHE, unlike you and your so-called pristine council, knew that they don't accept thank you notes and wanted to do something beneficial with her time. She was under so much stress that she did throw up on the empress's shews, but even so, she's been invited back! She was perfect and you don't deserve her." The maid then looked down and meekly said, "I'm sorry but that's just what I think!" She then scurried away leaving the king frozen in shock.
    "Agatha?" Tedros called knocking on her door a few moments later.
    "Go away. I'm clearly to much of a mockery for you to associate with."
Tedros sighed. "Agatha i'm sorry. Your maid told me everything. I know I was out of line."
Agatha flung the door open and her face was suddenly very close to his.
    "Even if I hadn't researched! Even if I hadn't known a thing and messed up completely! You shouldn't tell me that i'm a disappointment or mockery! I already know that i'm not great at this! I already know i'm not a great socialite, I don't need you telling me what I tell myself every day!"
     "Agatha I KNOW that! You're beautiful and smart and funny and even with your flaws I LOVE you! By now you should know that when i'm angry I just say stuff! I don't mean it. You should never take me seriously when i'm upset! I've messed this up and i'm so sorry."
Agatha sighed. "You know already, but once your words leave your mouth, they don't just affect you any more. But I love you and your flaws. Can we work on ourselves with each other?"
"I'd like that." Tedros says. I can change right next to you. Together."
A/N this is all over the place. I tried to finish it quickly because me and my family is going out to a long movie and I didn't want to fall behind a day.