Chapter 11

A/N: This chapter will focus on Jerome, for all of you who love Jerome Clarke and wish he would show up at your doorstep, like how I sometimes do.

"Happy Birthday to you!" we all finished singing around the kitchen table in Anubis. Jerome blew out his 19 candles.

"Thanks everyone!"

He started to slice the vanilla cake, the 12 of us each took a slice (but, of course, the guys, and not just Alfie, went back for seconds).

After the cake, we all gathered in the living room to watch Jerome open his presents. I realized how great of a person he really is, and how generous he can be. I guess I underestimated him.

***

After the party settled down, I checked my phone. 9:00 PM. I quickly ran upstairs to my room and locked the door behind me.

Pulling out my phone, I selected Victor's name from my contacts.

"Hello?"

"You have it wrong. My father didn't commit suicide when I was eight, somebody shot him and covered up his tracks."

"What? Foolish girl, tell me, how do you know?"

"I had a dream last night. I'm telling you, that's what happened."

He started laughing into the phone. "You're basing this off of a dream? You really are foolish! Tell me again, how do you know what you are telling me is true? You better not be wasting my time."

"I-" I hesitated, "I know because I was there. I watched him get shot. The dream brought the memory back. I'm telling you, I was there! You have to believe me!"

"Calm down. I do, I do. Do any of the others know?"

"No. I couldn't tell them today. It's Jerome's birthday."

"Ah yes. Tell Mr. Clarke I say happy birthday."

"Will do. I just thought I should tell you about the dream. I should go get ready to meet Frobisher with the others.

"Please, update me on what Frobisher says tomorrow. Oh, and bring Clarke with you."

"Jerome, why Jerome?"

"It's his birthday today. There's a reason Frobisher wanted to meet you guys today."

"No! I don't want anyone else involved with me or Eddie's messed up life!"

"It's not my rules, sweetheart. Goodbye."

I hung up. "Nina?"

It was Jerome. I stopped pacing around my room and unlocked the door for him and let him in.

"Why did you disappear all of a sudden? Fabian's looking for you."

"I had to call my Gran, sorry." With that lie said, I've realized that I have been forgetting to call her. Damn. What's wrong with me?

"Oh, okay." he stepped into my bedroom further.

"Look, Jerome, I have something to tell you."

"What is it?"

I closed my bedroom door. "You know how there's, sort of like a, um, 'club' between me, Fabian, Eddie, Patricia, Amber, Alfie and KT, right?"

"Who doesn't? You seven are constantly together."

"Yeah, about that- God, I don't even know where to start. I'll just say this- you have to come with us into the woods in fifty five minutes. Please don't ask why, cause if you do, I'll have to catch you up with what's been going on the past three and a half years, and I can't do that now. Do you trust me?"