Chapter 25

"Now I know that I'm in the loop with what you guys are doing this year, but what the bloody hell is a Senkhara?"

"It's too complicated, another time. How's this even possible?" Patricia asked.

"Damn, I never should have pushed you in, Nina. What is Fabian gonna say when he hears about this?" Eddie sighed.

"Everything's going to be fine because besides me almost dying, I'm fine. I feel like that didn't even happen. It happened so quickly. Also, Fabian isn't going to hear about this. He doesn't need anymore things on his mind. I don't even know how this could have happened but I'll think of possibilities. I'm fine. I promise."

"Alright, go inside and wash up then. We'll meet you out here after?" Joy reached out on a limb.

"Yeah, of course. Just be sure to keep this to yourselves, okay? I will be the only one to tell anybody."

"Like, The Guiders, right? They need to know."

"Yes."

***

As I was in the shower, I questioned how this was even possible. Senkhara - who I banished to The Underworld - is back. Well, not fully back from what I could tell. Her body was surrounded by darkness, so could she still have been a part of The Underworld?

But then I remembered how Rufus and Caroline got here. They said how the people down there were coming up with elixirs for the newbies to come back up to the mortal world and get their revenge.

But then I remembered how Senkhara's face didn't look like she was thirsty for revenge, it looked like she was almost in tears. I decided that after I got ready again I would go down to the tunnels and see The Mask, hoping that it could give me answers as to what really happened. It sounds impossible, but I was desperate at this point.

As I started to enter the tunnels, I became a bit dizzy. I thought that it was because of my near-death experience just 20 minutes ago, so I kept walking. Onto the alligator, and so on. I kept inhaling through my nose, and exhaling through my mouth.

But I don't know how long I can keep this up. Before I knew it, I started to hyperventilate. I don't remember the last time I had a panic attack like this. Everything that I seemed to look at dissolved into tiny pixels. I entered the spider room. Almost there. Keep walking, Nina.

I couldn't. I refused to. And before I knew it, the walls crept in on me. I realized they were going to break me. "HELP ME!" My voice cracked. Tears dripped down my cheeks. I could now feel a wall in front of me and one behind me. I couldn't move. The walls are going to make me die and there is nothing I can do about it. And then I was nothing.

***

"Well, I'll be. You're awake."

"Huh?"

"Nina, you've been out for about fifteen hours, considering we found you soon enough."

"Huh?"

"You passed out in the tunnels, dear. Probably from shock because of what Eddie told me. And possible dehydration?"

I sat up from the couch and looked around me. I was in the gatehouse. Harriet sat across from me, sipping some tea.