Chapter 12

"Nina, wake up, we're here!"

I groaned.

"Fine, don't come inside and see the surprise I have waiting for-"

I immediately sat up and opened Fabian's passenger door. Eddie gave me a comforting look. We were here. We were finally here. Fabian's house. My first time being here. I got my camera and took a picture of it.

We unloaded our luggage out of his car. I looked Fabian straight in the eye and said, "I'm nervous."

He kissed me on the forehead. "You have no reason to be. You'll be right at home, I promise you. Now, let's go see that surprise I have in store for you and Eddie, yeah?"

We headed up the front porch steps. "Wait." I said.

"What's wrong?" Fabian asked me.

"Did you tell your family that Eddie and I are brother and sister?"

"Yes, but, uh, I didn't tell them the truth. I just told them that Eddie was separated from you guys because your parents didn't want a boy."

Eddie scoffed, but then started to laugh. "That's probably the lamest excuse I have ever heard!"

I started laughing, too. "That is pretty lame, Fabian. But they believed it, right? That's all that matters."

"Right. Make fun all you two want. Anyway," Fabian rang his doorbell. I cowered in his shadow. This would be my first time meeting his family.

"Oh, Fabian! Nina! Eddie! Come in!" Fabian's mother opened the door for us.

"Ah! Two handsome lads and a fair lady!" I heard a voice call from inside.

We carried our things inside. Eddie shut the door behind us.
Fabian's parents both went to give him a big hug. His mom kissed him on the cheek. They gave Eddie and I a hug as well.

"Nina, Eddie, this is my mum, Isabella, and my old man, Blake. And mum, dad, this is my girlfriend, Nina and my best mate, Eddie."

"It is so nice to meet you two!" Isabella said. "Please, feel free to call me Bella." Isabella had dark hair and fair skin like Fabian.

"How lovely you are! It's my pleasure to come to your acquaintances." Blake said. He had dark hair as well, but much more tanner skin. Both of their eyes resembled Fabian's.

"The pleasure is all ours. It's so nice to finally meet you guys."

"Fabian! Fabian! Fabian!" a little girl came running down the stairs.

Fabian scooped the dark haired girl up. "April. I've missed you dearly."

"I've missed you more." April responded while resting her small head on Fabian's shoulder.

"And Nina, Eddie, this is my little sister, April."

"It's nice to meet you, April. I'm Eddie, this is my sister Nina."

I smiled and waved at the big brown eyed little girl. I adore little kids.

"Hi." she said shyly.

"Please, please, unpack! Make yourself at home! Your room Nina, is upstairs. Walk through the bonus room, it's the first room on your right. And Eddie, your room is to the left of the bonus room." Isabella said.

"Thank you." Eddie, Fabian and I carried our suitcases upstairs.

"Now, behind Nina's door is that surprise I was talking about, for both of you."

"Oh?" Eddie moved closer to the door.

I held back. "I'm scared."

Fabian laughed. "Don't be."