Chapter 4

I half ran and half walked toward him and wrapped my arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I missed you so much, Fabian." I whispered in his ear and then let go. Tears started to fill my eyes.

"Hey, don't cry." Fabian said. He used his thumb to wipe the tears streaming down my cheeks then pulled me back in. "I missed you too, Nina."

All of our Anubis friends then joined in with us for one big group hug. This was going to be a great year.

We all let go with smiles. I looked up. Anubis House looked bigger. Almost as if it grew.

Joy helped me bring my bags inside since she already did. And because things were still awkward between Fabian and I since I broke up with him over a letter. Joy was jealous of me when Fabian and I were together, she even sabotaged me. But we're both over it now.

"Thank you so much, Joy!"

"No problem!"

"Trudy!" All 12 of us said at once when the Anubis housemother walked in.

"Ah there you all are! Hello loves! Just in time for cake!"

"Ooo cake!" Alfie said then ran off into the kitchen. We all laughed. Same old Alfie.

"Please go pick a room. Girls upstairs, boys behind me. You all know that. Unpack and please meet me in the living room." Trudy told us.

All the girls ran upstairs while the boys went through the entrance hall to boys' hallway where their rooms and the bathroom were on the right side. Once I got to the top of the stairs, I turned right and went through the door into the girls' hallway. Then I made a quick left and went into Sarah Frobisher Smythe's room. The room I used to stay in when I lived here. But it was different, it was the same room, just bigger. I guess they wanted to make it look as much of a college dorm as possible. I can't believe this. I can't believe they expanded Anubis House. It's not the way it was when Robert Frobisher Smythe lived here. That made me angry.

The room had 4 beds in it. Perfect. "Amber, Patricia, K.T, come in here!" This room was perfect for the girls of Sibuna. On the left wall was one bed, and on the right wall another. On the wall opposite of the door were two beds. I took the right bed that was on the opposite wall, Amber next to me on my right side. On the right wall was Patricia's bed, and on the left was K.T.'s.

"This is so exciting!" Amber said while we all unpacked and agreed.

"I can't wait to see what the House has in store for us this year." K.T. zipped open one of her suitcases.

"Yeah, hopefully we have more Egyptian curses upon us!" Patricia joked as she put a shirt in her wardrobe.

"You never know." I added, putting my sheets onto my bed.

10 minutes later we finished unpacking. "I'll catch up with you guys in a minute."

"Is everything okay, Nina?" Patricia asked.

"Oh yeah. I just need to chill out I guess for a minute." They exited the room hesitantly while I set a picture of my Gran and I on one of the white shelves atop of my bed.

I checked to make sure I still had the Eye of Horus necklace wrapped around my neck. I did.

I left the room and checked the other room in the girls' hallway to see if Joy, Mara or Willow were still there. They weren't. I walked out of the hallway and shut the door behind me. I looked across the room - Victor's office. I crept across the balcony hoping nobody downstairs would hear me. I tried to open the door. It was locked. Why?