Chapter 2

"Amber, how in the world did you manage to do that? Everyone, including myself, already picked out what college we were going to go to. You can't just cancel on such short notice!" I said, happy, but confused.

Amber smiled. "Well I can, Nina. Don't worry about it. I already have it all arranged. Trudy helped me contact our friends and the colleges they were going to go to. Our new college, Frobisher University, has everything we want to major in. It's huge! Isn't it amazing!?"

"Very!" I responded, now crawling into my bed and yawning, thinking about how my life is being completely changed.

"Wait, what about Mick? I mean I hate to bring him up since I know you two had history, but, he moved to Australia for his sports school or something. Is he coming back too?"

"Nina, wait." Amber said, her smile turning upside down.

"What's wrong?" I asked her, sitting up.

"As you know - I forget to tell people stuff. Well, I sort of arranged for Eddie and K.T. to come here tomorrow morning. I met K.T. in the beginning of last year right before I went to New York. They both live in America so we could just fly over to the U.K. together. But if it's not okay with you they can just stay at a hotel or something."

"Amber! Haven't you forgot? The Osirian and The Chosen One can not be near each other or bad things will happen!"

"Well, haven't you heard? Eddie is not The Osirian anymore. That's all he mailed me. He didn't want to say much in case it went to the wrong address or got intercepted."

"Why wouldn't he mail me anything? Unless, of course, he wanted to tell me in person. I don't know. Guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow." I laid back down on my comfy bed.

"Sorry, Nins. I just figured you knew. Good night. Oh and yes, Mick is coming back to the U.K. for college."

"Okay, good night." I said as I closed my eyes. This was all too much to take in. Amber just got here what, like an hour ago? And she's telling me all of this information? Just two hours ago I was eating dinner with Gran. This is crazy. I thought to myself until I finally fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up at nine, my weekend alarm. I got up and stretched, and noticed all of the pink in my room and Amber's sheets which were empty. She must be downstairs. This reminded me that I would have special company today so I put on a floral lace white dress. I put all of my makeup on and curled my hair. I walked downstairs to the kitchen to find Amber and my Gran talking while my Gran was serving eggs onto two plates.

"Good morning, darling!" Gran said to me, motioning for me to have a seat next to Amber. "I was just about to call you."

"Morning, guys." I smiled and took a bite of eggs.

"So, I've heard that we are having company over today!"

What? I thought to myself and gave Amber a "what-did-you-tell-her?" look while dropping my fork.

Gran must have noticed this because she said, "Nina, it is not a problem! It's a good thing we have a spare bedroom! Eddie in there and you gals plus K.T. in your room."

"If you're positive, Gran. Thank you." I resumed eating by picking my fork back up.

"No, thank you. It will be nice to see some of your friends again."

Amber and I talked about how excited we were for tonight when we were finished eating and walked back upstairs. She was wearing a dress too, hot pink. What a surprise.

"Awh, Nina you look so cute!"

I smiled. "Thank you Amber, you too."

For the next hour, we talked about how excited we were to reunite with our best friends tomorrow. I never imagined I would see them this soon and how it would be different now that we were in college. Until the door bell rang.