Chapter 20

A.N: So sad to say that this story has only 10 more chapters. That's unbelievable! I personally want to say thank you, all of you, for your support for this story and these characters. And guess what? This book has reached 5,000 reads! WHAT? WHAT. Okay I'm literally jumping up and down on my bed right now, studying for my exams. All I can say is - THANK YOU.

Time is passing. I can hear the tick and the tock of the clock. In fact, that's all I hear these days.

Tick. Tock.

I started calling my Gran every day instead of every week now in fear of death. I normally would say something like this:

"Gran, I can feel it coming. It's coming. I'm scared. Victor, Robert and Harriet have been hard at work figuring out Rufus and Caroline. My friends and I have been busy preparing for our final exams. I can't. I can't focus. I'm scared."

And she would respond by comforting me, and telling me how everything was going to be okay. If the 6 Chosen Ones before me could do it, why can't I?

Tick. Tock.

***

"How high was the Big Pyramid, a.k.a. King Kheops' tomb?"

"Hmm, that's the one that gets me. Think, Amber! Think! Um, okay. Uh, one hundred and forty-seven meters?"

Amber bit her lip. I responded with, "Yes, Amber! That's correct! Good job!"

Amber squealed and clapped her hands together. "Yay! Go me! You're such a good study buddy, Nins!"

I laughed, "Ha, thank you. Thank you very much." I was currently helping Amber study for her Egyptology test. The other members of Sibuna who actually took Egyptology were all in different classes right now, so that left me to help Amber study. Which, of course, also helped me with history. We were both laying at our beds, staring up at the ceiling. I was currently flipping through the flash cards I helped Amber make. It was a nice, cool late February day. I loved this time of year.

"Next question. The god of Osiris, King of the dead and the symbol of immortality, was shown with what? Wow, okay. How relevant." I said, as I thought of my brother.

"Easy! A scepter and a whip."

"Good job. Okay, next question. What was a common breakfast food for Egyptians?"

"Hmm, quinoa?"

"Nope. Another guess?"

"I got nothing. I killed my streak." Amber sighed, as she covered her face with her pillow.

"Fava beans."

Amber sighed, "Aw, darn. Thanks for helping me study, by the way, Nina. This means a lot."

"No problem. I just need something to take my mind off of what Victor told us last week."

All of a sudden, I felt a thud against my body. A pink pillow landed on my stomach, taking me by surprise. "Hey!"

Amber laughed, "It's time to brighten the mood! Pillow fight!"

I set the flash cards on my black nightstand before taking cover on the side of my bed, where the pink pillows couldn't find me. I took 2 black pillows from my bed and threw them back at her. "It's on!"