EPILOGUE PT. 01

I can't erase you yet
I'd fill my glass alone foolishly
I'm afraid of every word you say I miss you

Sometimes I forget and pretending to be fine
I also meet someone
It's been a habit to miss a lot of things

How do you do? How are you doing?
I don't think I'm all right
You're not here and you're not alone
Trapped in a castle of regret

I don't know what parting was
I didn't even know what love was
I-

Still our time
Will it remain for a while
From some point on, only vain expectations have been comforted

How do you do? How are you?
I guess I'm not okay

I'm not alone
Trapped in an island called regret

I don't even know the breakup will come
I didn't even know what love was

I can't hug you

Saying that I don't need a world anymore
I was secretly crying in a dark room

How do you do? How are you doing?
I don't think I'm all right

You're not here and you're not alone
Trapped in a castle of regret

I didn't know it was going to break up
He didn't even know what love was
I-

- How do you do by Chani (SF9)
__________________________________

FIVE YEARS LATER

TAEHYUNG P.O.V

It's the first day of spring. Little flower buds were everywhere and the sun rays were peeking through the heavy snowy clouds. Yet, there's coldness still lingering in the air enough to numb my hands.

But I guess I don't mind it at all. I don't feel any difference with this numbness that I am feeling now and the one I started to feel years back. My heart became numb and cold before my hands did.

The loss of not one but two best friends in the blink of an eye was too much for me to handle. It wasn't just me but all of us went through a hard time with Jieun and Jimin's deaths.

About Jieun....we knew that someday she was gonna leave us but still it was hard to bear her loss. She was so young and such a sweet person. It wasn't fair to take her away from us.

With her demise Jimin had a hard time coping up with his pain. He missed Jieun so fucking much. Honestly, I haven't seen that guy broken and lost like that before. He really happened to love Jieun from all his heart.

I don't know what was in his mind when he drove his car on that night, five years ago. I don't know if the truck driver was at fault for the accident happened or just like he claims, if Jimin drove straight into the truck. But however that night I lost my soulmate.

The doctors tried to save him but the damage has already happened. He was far from saving.

After that nothing was same for us, BTS. The fans were really heartbroken when they heard about Jimin's death. For almost an year we went on a hiatus. The reason for our silence was that we wondered on what we should do next.

Sometime later we thought of making a comeback but it was hard. It was hard to perform on a stage without Jimin. He was such a caring person and his loss had a great impact on us. It was hard to think of the fan chant without his name. Because BTS means nothing without the seven of us together.

After much talking we thought of disbanding. After years of being together we finally thought of putting a stop. Three years ago we thought of going on our separate ways.

Like that Namjoon and Yoongi became two producers at our company itself. Hoseok works as a choreographer. Changing the  company Jungkook debuted as a soloist. He also works as a producer. On the other hand Seokjin and I debuted as actors and a year ago I also debuted as a soloist and a model.

Whenever we find some free time we get together for good old times sake but everytime, somehow our talks end up with Jimin.

No matter how much time passes still the memories of Jimin and Jieun makes a lone tear roll down my cheek.

Hearing a sniffling sound beside me, I turned my head to see Yumi crying. It's of no use to say someone to not cry when they wanna let their pain out. Because tears are the way people speak when the words cannot do that. Pulling her closer to my body I gave a consoling pat on her forearm.

"I miss her Taehyung. I miss them."

"Hmm, I know. Me too."

With my eyes fixed on the gravestones in front of me, I said. It was my suggestion to bury Jimin's ashes next to Jieun's.

"Don't worry. They must be in a better place babe."

"I know but still it hurts so much."

After Jieun's death Backlights too went silent for sometime but they didn't break the group. After everybody finally got a hang of their emotions, they got back to work as always.

"Don't get yourself stressed Yumi, it's not good for our baby, okay?"

Placing a hand on her baby bump, I told. A year ago I married Yumi and now she's carrying our baby who's three months old.

"Hmm."

With a nod she wiped her tears.

"I really hope that you two are in a good place."

Yumi said with her eyes fixed on the names engraved. I too looked back at the tombstones.

"Wherever you are, I hope you are happy. The both of you. I hope you find each other again and live a happy life with less drama. And... I hope to see you in my next life. Jimin, no matter how much time passes; no matter where we live...you'll always be my soulmate Buddy. Goodbye."

"We've a flight to catch babe. Let's go."

Today we are migrating to USA. I will continue to work on my songs from there. And on top of it a reputed agency likes to have me as one of their models so I am taking this opportunity to leave behind all the heartbreak. I just hope to take wonderful memories of them with me.

".... Someday, I hope to meet you on a much better place. See you again Jimin. You too Jieun. Let's meet again."

With one final look, I walked out of the cemetery with Yumi.

TO BE CONTINUED....