Saying good bye to My Mother

I glared at the pile of golden dust in front of me, more like piles of it. This is the fifth time in a week that Luke sent his monster to attack me, effectively ruin my whole week. Sighing loudly, I closed my eyes for a moment as I tried to clear my head and control my emotion. Last time, I give in to my anger, it was dark and I didn't want to go through that again, not when there's a probability Kronos inside my head. Weird enough, after last time he spoke to me, there's nothing but complete silence. That made me very uncomfortable and uneasy. I have to keep my guard up. I looked up at the sky and the sun started to set, painting the sky in orange. I have to quickly go home, I'm already tired and my source of additional power is gone.

Luke really drove me crazy with all those monster attack and I started to get worry about my mom safety. Before I could even turned my weapon back into bracelet, another group of strange woman with their equally strange dog blocked my way. I groaned at this sight, I knew that the group in front of me is the second wave of the attack.

"Do you guys know how to rest?" I asked in annoyed tone "And how many are you in Luke ship? Or did you regenerate faster than I thought you would be?"

The group in front of me started to change into their real form, three Dracaena and four Hellhounds. I quickly took a couple step back and silently thank the god that the alleyway which I'm at rather cramp, so they had to attack me one by one. But, that also mean I can't move freely and my movement is restricted by cramp space. I thought about tried to summon a few of the undead, but last time I tried that I only managed to summon a few dead stray cats and dogs. I almost fainted when I see a dog and two cats appeared in front of me, my head killing me and I almost sure that I have a nosebleed too. So yeah, bad idea.

The sun already almost set and the darkness began to settle, I quickly dashed towards the nearest monsters which happened to be a Hellhound and slashed it with my sword, when the blade of my sword cut through the hound, it quickly disintegrate into a pile of golden dust. Without missing a beat, I quickly ran to the Dracaena which stood not too far behind the hellhound. The dracaena thrust her spear towards me and I pulled my head back quickly, the tip of the spear grazed my cheek and forced me to take a few step back. I quickly grabbed the spear with my free hand and swung my sword into it, breaking it into two. The dracaena only hissed in anger, as she watched me ran towards her and I stabbed her right in her chest. I could felt that the Stygian iron began to absorb the dracaena life essence and I felt a bit better.

It's kind of disturbing that I used another being life essence to replenish my energy, but I already crossed that line when I snapped on Luke last summer. I had to learn how to use and embrace Hades power, in order to help Percy and to survive. I only watched when the Dracaena crumbled into a pile of ashes, while the hellhounds began to growl in anger and about to pounce on me. I blocked its paw and the force send me into the fence behind me, I shook my head and tried to focus on the hound, which already midway from attacking me. It managed to pin me on the ground while its claw dug around my shoulder blade, I hissed in pain as I glared at the hound. I looked at the sides and focusing on the shadow on it, my blood began to rush on my head and a headache started to appear on my head. With a flicked of my wrist the shadow began to move and enveloped the hound back feet and the shadow began to drag the hellhound into the nearest shadow and sent it into another part of the world.

"Damn it!" I cursed as I held my head "Why I always got the worse headache when I used Hades power?"

I rolled to the side and stood up slowly, my head still throbbing and my sight began to waver a little bit. Who wouldn't be, after all I had to fight two wave of monster attack and each wave consist of more than four monster. I picked up my sword and tried to focus on the rest of the monster, two dracaena and two hellhounds. I shook my head again before I dashed forward to the nearest dracaena who let her guard down. I quickly stabbed her right in the stomach area and felt her life essence flowing into my body. Without missing a beat I quickly slashed the nearest hellhound and turned it into a pile of golden dust, then I blocked the dracaena spear and grabbed it with my free hand, quickly I pulled it and the dracaena body stumbled forward me, when that happened I quickly slashed my sword and beheaded her. The last hound let out a small whimper, clearly afraid of me, I only glanced at it and the hounds let out a threatening growl while backing up.