|𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝔂|

"Shit,"

"Shit,"

Draco had his whole penthouse ready for Coraline.

He'd been decorating for an hour- a straight hour of adding rose petals to the floor, in a line all the way to his bedroom. A straight hour of setting chocolates all on the counter, and even leaving some in there boxes. He also managed to melt chocolate with Pansy and cover strawberries with them.

Pansy had helped him with all of this. But the main thing he was ready to show her- was something he'd never had before. He had to buy a shit ton of things for it too but he didn't care.

He bought her a puppy.

And the reason he bought her a lot of things was because of Draco was going to have a pet, he'd make sure the pet had all of the things it needed, and the best of things that they needed because Draco was a Malfoy.

So now, he was waiting in his living room while the puppy sat across him on the other one. It was fluffy- very fluffy, and Draco couldn't handle the fact that he would've shed all over his furniture so he secretly made the dog drink a potion that stops his hair from falling out. It was the best possible way he could think of, because he definitely wasn't letting the puppy willingly shed everywhere.

Pansy was getting Coraline, and once she tapped on his door three times he would know to put the puppy in the room. It was a girl, and he hoped that she'd like it- it didn't matter, he'd buy her a million of them if it made her happy.

The puppy tilted its head at Draco, giving him a confused look. "What?" He rolled his eyes, as if the dog could actually talk to him.

"Nothing."

Draco stopped in his tracks, a terrifying look spreading across his face.

Did the dog actually-?

"It reeks of humans in this place." The dog spoke again, and Draco couldn't even comprehend what he had done wrong. Had he messed up the potion? The dog began to actually roll his eyes at Draco, and it sort of pissed him off.

"Shit," Draco mumbled under his breath as he stood up. "Listen, your not supposed to talk-."

"The potion tasted like berries- was that blueberries? And - have you give me a name yet?"

"No. I haven't." Draco said in a harsh tone, making the puppy get off the couch in a rude way and walk to the room. Before she turned back, she shot him a glare.

"Don't blame me if there's piss on your bed."

"Son of a bitc-."

Three knocks sounded on the door as the dog kicked Dracos bedroom door shut. It baffled him- he truly didn't understand how the dog was able to talk but the only thing that was running through his mind at this point was that the wizarding world was full of surprises.

Well, that and hoping she wouldn't speak to Coraline and Pansy.

He sighed, and opened the door while he saw Pansy standing there- with Coraline. He tried to stop the intake of breath he had to inhale, because seeing her with no makeup on and comfy clothes did something to him. It made him feel like she was okay to not wear makeup, and that she was comfortable around him.

But he noticed she didn't have her glasses on, she only wore a big T-shirt and some black sweatpants. Her hair was down in natural curls, her lips smooth with chapstick that he loved- strawberry vanilla.

"H- hey," Draco cleared his throat, a baffled expression growing on Coralines face as she walked into his penthouse, taking in her surrounding.

"I'll leave you to it- don't fuck this up," Pansy scolded him, and Draco rubbed the back of his neck weirdly.

I already did with the dog?

He shrugged it off, and shut the door as Pansy left his sight. He began to grow nervous- more than nervous, he was basically crawling out of his skin while he watched Coraline inhale softly, her eyes darting around the room. He wondered if she could see okay- he wasn't making of her, he was genuinely concerned where her glasses were because he hated seeing her without them on unless they were asleep.

Her eyes connected with his, his breathing growing more heavier. He didn't know what to say- didn't know if anything he would say would make up for what he had done.

"This is- beautiful," she spoke gently, approaching him and now they stood a few inches from each other. "But- I know it wasn't your fault. If she had you under a curse- they wouldn't be anything you could do about it."

He blew out a shaky breath- he really needed to hear that from her mouth. "I'm still sorry," he apologized, gently placing his hands on her waist and pulling her in further. "It doesn't matter if it wasn't my fault, if it made you upset than I'm sorry."

She rolled her eyes playfully, and pulled him into a hug. A deep, very much needed hug. Her arms wrapped around his neck, his body sinking into hers and pulling her so close to his large body that her feet lifted off the ground and her back arched.

He buried his face into her neck, inhaling sharply and he nearly wanted to take her right here, over his kitchen counter again but Pansy had told him not to fix it with sex before he got to apologize.

But I did apologize.

He pulled away from the hug, still holding her and looking into her eyes. "I um- got you a.. puppy."

He was praying to Merlin himself the dog didn't talk.

A smile instantly crept onto her face, her cheeks rising up to her eyes and it made him blush. It made Draco Malfoy blush at how she was smiling up at him- it wasn't the first time, but it was definitely the first time she'd seen him blush.

He pulled her over to his bedroom softly, before landing his hand on the door knob and twisting. He was pleading inside of his head so much that the dog didn't say anything-

"Draco she's adorable," Coraline drifted out of his arms, and dropped to her knees while the small little animal crept into her lap and began to indulge in the attention Coraline was giving her. "Where'd you get her?"

"A shelter from a muggle world- I know you used to hate how they got rid of the dogs, so I figured it was the best choice." He responded, leaning on the door frame and watching her smile a bright smile.

"Is it okay if she stays here? I can put her in my flat-."

"Coraline," he stepped forward, watching her stand up and the puppy sink to the ground. He grasped her waist again, pulling her body towards him. "Don't go back to your flat. Stay with me- live here, with me. Please?" His eyes were pleading her, in every way possible.

"Oh- okay," she giggled softly, leaning on her tippy toes. "I want to."

"Good," he smile down at her while she pressed her lips to his gently, giving him a small peck. "Now get this dog out of here, so I can actually please you."

-

-

-