Chapter 11: The Valley of the Dark Lords.

"Oh no..."

Ly'ra quickly stepped away from Poe, trying with all her strengths to remain calm and even more, to keep her fear and her Dark Side under control. Her hands were already glowing with a bright red light, and she could feel a dull anger burning inside of her, ready to explode at any moment.

"Dameron?"

Rey and Cane had noticed that the couple weren't following anymore. Intrigued, they came back and noticed the disturbing scene. Ly'ra's powers seemed to get totally on the lose and the young woman was obviously fighting to master them as quickly as possible.

"Oh no..."

"Stay right there!"

When he saw his friends coming back, Poe stopped them quickly, throwing his weapon on the side before trying to calm his wife.

"Ly'ra? Darling, look at me Love..."

He could feel that the young woman was starting to panic, feeling her powers escaping her totally. But he wasn't a Jedi and he had no idea what he was supposed to do to help her. When suddenly, a memory and a name appeared in his mind. Dante. He then hurried towards Ly'ra and gently grabbed her shoulders.

"Sweetheart...? Look at me... There, perfect..."

"Just go please, Poe!"

Seeing her breathless, with her shining eyes, he could feel his own worry growing in his heart but he quickly buried it, focusing on the young woman.

"You never told me what was the "Jedi Stuff" that Dante was teaching you during his trainings..."

Cane frowned and started walking closer.

"Erm, Dameron, I'm not really sure this is the best time..."

But Rey grabbed his arm while staying on her spot, studying her friend's attempt.

"Let him try..."

Obviously surprised by his question, Ly'ra slowly turned her green eyes on him and suddenly understood what he was trying to do. She then focused on Poe's brown eyes and and tried to explain:

"I-it's a b-breathing exercise..."

Poe kept his eyes in hers and nodded, forcing himself to keep his voice calm.

"Really? Show me... Explain me..."

So, slowly, she nodded again.

"Y-you have to breathe in... Deeply, mouth close... Then you block it..."

"You block your breathing a moment, okay. And then?"

Seeing that Ly'ra's attention was going away from him, Poe softly caressed her cheek, gently forcing her to turn back on him. She was starting to get tired trying to keep her control. A moment that painfully reminded her her demonstration on Crait, after her arrest.

"Then?"

"You... You breathe out... As long as you can..."

The pilot nodded softly before very gently taking the young woman's hands, to block them and avoid any unwanted hurt, her included.

"Do you want to do it with me?"

Ly'ra nodded and started breathing in as deeply as she could, imitating her husband's gestures. Then, they both blocked their breathing for a while, before breathing out together.

"Ver well... We're gonna do it again, try to stay focused on me, my love okay? That's right..."

Finally, after few minutes, the dangerous red light in the young woman's eyes started disappearing and her breathing was calmer. Once he was sure that the danger was over, he offered her a soft smile.