9

chapter nine

My phone chimed as I fed Jake his morning meal, he meowed as held the cup of food and my phone vibrated, my attention lost on him.

karl: good morning:]

teegan: good afternoon**

I slowly placed my phone down and Jake gave me a dirty look, "What? I was just being nice.."
ding! I filled Jake's bowl and reached over to my phone again, but Jake's stare caught me off guard,
"You don't get to judge me Jake stop!" I chuckled to myself and Jake began eating his food, I sighed as I sat at my kitchen table, looking at Karl's new text.

karl: do you maybe want to go to the arcade with me today?

I had a stream at four with George and dream...but I could always go after..of course I would have to come up with some other excuse that wasn't the real one..

teegan: i've got dinner with Mia at four, but after..?

I made my way upstairs to my room, looking for my favourite sweater, I looked at the time, 3:45. I grabbed my favourite sweater and sat myself in my gaming chair, preparing myself for the stream.
My phone chimed once more and I picked it up, hoping Karl didn't mind to wait for me.

karl: sounds great, text me when you're done :] i'll pick you up.

teegan: great :]

I shut my phone off and got ready to stream now, leaving Teegan behind and becoming Sulley once again.

I placed my headset down with excitement rushing to text Karl that I was done. I was suddenly very excited to see him.

teegan: im done, ready to lose at all the games.?

karl: you're on. what's your address so I can pick you up?

teegan: east 1837   (An: I have no idea lol)

I hurried to my closet and grabbed a half decent looking outfit, which was a black minecraft t shirt with enderman on it and my favourite pair of mom jeans. I rushed to my shoe rack and threw on my triple wedged doc martens, just then my phone chimed again.

karl: im here :3

teegan: coming

I picked up my cross body bag and patted Jake, "See you later!" Meow. I practically fell down the stairs from my excitement and nerves mixing together. I slowly reached to my front door handle and I took a deep breath, feeling myself become more confident as I saw a small reflection of myself in the glass doorway. I opened the door and stepped outside, Karl waved from the car and I grinned, slowly making my way over.

"Hi.." I mumbled as I got into the passenger seat, "Hello T. I'm so ready to kick your butt at every game.." Karl grinned as he backed up from my drive way. I rolled my eyes, "You wish."
"Would you like to make this a competition..?" I asked him, Karl shot me a quick glance and I smirked. "Oh heck ya. What's the winner get?"
"I don't know I guess we get to pick.." I shrugged.
"Okay..if I win, I get to take you out for dinner."
I smiled for a quick moment,
"Okay and if I win I get to take you to dinner.."
"Great, I hope i win!" Karl grinned aimlessly.

"NO!NO!" I shouted as the puck went into my side, only five seconds left on the timer and Karl was one point above me now. Air hockey was so intense.
And if he won this round, it meant he would buy me dinner, but I could not let myself be this embarrassed. I hurried to throw the puck back onto the table and shot it to his side, my eyes watched as he hit the puck back towards me and I went in to hit it back towards him but it went back into my goal. My eyes widened as the timer ran and Karl shot me a wide grin, "Well we played all the games, I guess I owe you dinner.." I sighed, "Rematch?" He shook his head, "There's absolutely no way. Let's get going! Im starved!" Karl stepped away from the table and walked towards me, I had a glum look on my face and he nudged me with his elbow, "Come on T, you almost had me, i'm just too good.." I rolled my eyes, "I want us to come back, and soon, so I can kick your butt next time."
"Sure thing." He grinned.

Karl and I sat in a small pizza restaurant, both of us staring at the menus, I looked up from the menu and Karl's eyes met mine, I could only see his eyes, and it made me smile, I nervously stared back down at the pizza choices.

"So T..tell me about Jake, how long have you had him?" Karl asked as we waited for our food, I smiled, "Just a year and a half, he's three. I adopted him from a shelter, the old owners left him on the side of the highway, and he was really skinny, now he's a chunky happy boy." Karl's face frowned, "Wow what the honk, how can someone do that? I'm so glad he found you, I bet you take great care of him.." Karl smiled lightly and I nodded, "I talk to him everyday, like a human, he's like my best friend.." I chuckled,
"I talk to Grey constantly..I must say goodbye to him or else I can't leave.."
"I feel like we're oddly similar, I am the exact same way with Jake.." Karl grinned, "How about you? How long have you had Grey?"
"Two years, he's my everything too..I love him so much.." I smiled, Karl's blue eyes broke our gaze and I looked back, realizing the pizza was here.
"Oh yum." I mumbled as the waiter placed the pizza before me and Karl.