53

sorry for rushing Corpse's departure. I was just excited for him to leave my girl Teegan and my boy Karl alone.

Chapter fifty three
karl's pov

Teegan and I stood at the airport as we said our goodbyes to Corpse. I gave him a dry goodbye, knowing I was going to call him later...
Teegan gave him a small hug and he pulled away with a smug looking making his way to the security. My beautiful girlfriend turned to me with a face of relief, grabbing onto my hand tightly.
"Let's get out of here." She mumbled as she began making her way out, her hand tugging on mine.

We sat in my car quietly as I drove out of the airport parking lot, I felt relieved Corpse was gone, I was really tempted to yell at him before he left but I was still trying to keep myself together for Teegan, just because she looked a bit better, it didn't mean she was..Maybe she'd like to go out with Mia and Chandler..I know Mia was trying to get into contact with her these past few weeks but Teegan pushed her away, Mia even texted me with uncertainty of what to do.. "I feel such a sense of relaxation without him here.." Teegan finally broke the ice, I furrowed my eyebrows, unsure of what she meant.
"He was absolutely sweet, but also made me very uncomfortable. I cant wait for him to move on from liking me..Karl if you'd heard some things he said.."
"He said more things.?!" I looked over at her in shock, she shrugged, "I told him it was weird. It doesn't matter, all that matters is that he's not here anymore. We have to teach him the boundaries of a friendship." She looked out the window with a sigh and I rolled my eyes, "You're telling me."
"I'm sorry, you know we have to try and give him some understanding.." She mumbled, I nodded, "Yeah, look at you Teegan, of course he wants to take you away from me. But that isn't an excuse-"
"No. In the sense of him feeling like he didn't get to have a shot at me. It's understandable. All I can say is if I liked you and you started dating someone out of no where, I would maybe still flirt with you." She interrupted me, my eyes widened, "But thats mean to the other person.."
"Im not trying to defend him..Im trying to put myself in his shoes..thats all.." She turned to me with a reassuring smile, I turned my eyes back onto the road.

Once we made it back to Teegan's we sat in her bed, both of our cats laying in each of our lap. I had Jake in mine and Grey was sound asleep in hers, it was almost too cute that our cats grew attached to us like we did to each other, and they also spent most nights up together running around the house like maniacs. They probably were best friends..I felt myself smile at the thought. "So did you want to get to talking?" Teegan broke the comfortable silence, I shrugged as I continued to stared down at Jake, petting him softly, his orange fur running through my fingers. 
"I think I should start.." She said seriously, I looked up at her nervously, "Why do you sound so..serious."
"I don't know how to say this Karl.." She looked down at Grey, he purred in her arms, I watched a tear fall from her eye and I stopped petting Jake.
"I think maybe it's better off we break up." She looked up at me in tears now, Grey licked his paw as tears fell onto him, I furrowed my eyebrows at Teegan. break up? What?
"Ever since we met..I felt doubtful of becoming close to you..Everything I expected to happen..well it did.." She began to explain, I looked down at Jake sadly. I didn't want to hear this, not at all.
"It feels like I just keep ending up..sad..and i'm not blaming you Karl. I would never..what happened was my fault, I shouldn't have decided to show myself, I shouldn't have let myself step near you, you were just so captivating..I felt like I couldn't let you slip away from my fingers..the more I got to know you and let my curiosity take me over the more I put myself in shit..I never expected to have the internet make me feel so belittled..and ugly..no matter how much more we get to know each other i'm scared...im scared it's going to get worse..for me, and my mental health. No matter how much positivity you create, something always seems to make it dissolve...I never expected to..like you so much. It's actually ridiculous how fast I went from hating you to being excited to see your face every morning. Even when I knew you could never like a girl like me i-"
"Don't say that T. I do like a girl like you. In fact, I don't want to hear any of this. Well I do because your feelings matter to me..but I don't because..well it's hurting me. I hate that I caused you all these things, I wish we could've avoided all these burdens, but we didn't and we should take them as lessons. I don't want to break up T. It's not my choice, it's yours but..please, really think about this, we can't change what happened, I wish we could but we can't. Don't walk away from me because you're scared..just let us get through these things as a couple, as long as we have each other..we'll be okay. I know things have been hard but I promise they'll get better..we will be better. I can turn off all tts, we can turn off all comments, people will move on. They barely saw us together yet, let's show them just how good we are together. I mean what the heck T, you're going to give up on me this easily? You know I can't let you do that, especially not after I decided that I'm in love with you..I know i'm not the one being targeted in the relationship, so I can't understand the feelings you're feeling, but..Teegan, I love you, I can't lose you. Not because of other people, i'd rather it be because you're in love with Corpse.." I forced her a smile and she rolled her eyes, "You're in love with me?" I nodded, my eyes loosing themselves in hers, she sighed, petting Grey softly.
"I know you're scared, I am too..but maybe think about it a bit more..if you want to..don't feel pressured to stay with me..I understand if you want to break up...I just need you to truly understand how not alone you are right now, through any of this. I will be here, dealing with whatever happens with you." I reached my hand out to hers, she smiled sadly to me, sniffling, "I love you too Karl..i'm just so scared.." She continued to cry, I moved Jake off my lap and pulled Teegan to the bed, cuddling her tightly, she hugged me back.
"I know. But that's what im here for T." I kissed her cheek, brushing hair out of her face, she wiped her eyes again, "I promise I will never leave you." I mumbled, she continued to sob into my chest, I felt my heart break even more..