Chapter 04

First Day At UA - Age Sixteen

I awake with a jolt and have a short three seconds of peace, before the barrier of my anxiety breaks and I realise it's the first day of UA.

Shit, shit, shit.

I gotta get ready- wait what time is it?

I swiftly turn my head to the digital clock perched on the bed side cabinet.

7:30AM.

I crane my eyes back to my lap with a yawn, scratching at my cheek as my nerves fall flat. I got time.

I slowly hobble out of bed, already missing its warmth. Lemme warm myself up. I use my quirk to bring my temperature up to a toasty level.

Okay, now to get ready...

I can't be bothered.

I swiftly turn and make my way back to bed. Seconds away from diving into the lumpy mattress, a deafening bang on the front door interrupts my scurry for comfort.

Aizawa!!! Why are you so annoying??!!

He's proved many times that he has a key, I'm sure he's just waiting on me to cause maximum bother. I practically crawl my way over to the front door before yanking it open. My tired eyes pierce the equally matched teacher before me.

"You're not even dressed." He grumbles, shoving us both further into my apartment.

He slams the door behind him, grabbing my shoulders and turning me in the opposite direction before pushing me towards my room.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm on it— Quit pushing." I shrug myself out of the man's grip and tread back into my bedroom to get ready.

I spend however long in the bathroom, not showering or anything like that, I don't need to, y'know- quirk and all. Instead, I doze off, back into a blissful sleep while leaning against the sink. That is, until an annoying bang on the door basically screams at me to hurry up.

With a groan, I shove my legs through my skirt before staring in confusion down at the buttons on my school shirt.

What the fuck are these?

Why isn't my shirt put together properly?

My brows furrow until I shrug and use my quirk to do the buttons up for me. I tilt my head at myself in the mirror, not failing to notice how I suddenly look at least three years younger than I actually am.

Hm, this white shirt really makes me look even paler in comparison...

After spending an unbearably long time in the bathroom, according to Aizawa. I finally return back to him, clean, dressed and less exhausted. I display a half hearted smile and spin in front of him to demonstrate that my uniform fits. He places his hand firmly on my head to stop me from twirling.

"Where's your tie?" He gestured his eyes down to my collar, prompting my brow to raise.

"The fuck's a tie?" I mumble in obliviousness. He stares down to me for a moment, trying to decide if I'm joking or not. I grow uncomfortable with his piercing stare and begin to twitch my nose as I focus on the ground.

He huffs out a tired breath. "It's red. A long piece of fabric that you tie around your neck." He says, almost as though he's talking to a five year old.

Huh?

I snap my eyes up to him. "Oh... this?" I lift my arm, displaying the red tie that I'd wrapped around my wrist.