Chapter 11

After School - Age Sixteen

The next day, I slept through the entire day, through all my classes, through lunch, through Aizawa poking me at an attempt to wake me up. A few people assumed I'd died, but the soft snoring let them know otherwise. Alas, what finally causes my eyes to crank open, is—

"WHAT'S GOING ON?!" I hear Ochako cry, my head snaps towards her with my guard raised immediately. I can't help but imagine Tomura stood right there, back for revenge and willing to murder everyone—

My wide, sleep-crusted eyes dart over to her, my heart settling as I notice it's just a bunch of idiots from another class huddled around the door. Huh?

Stepping towards Ochako, I send her a halfhearted smile, hoping it'd reassure her panic, even if ever so slightly.

"No way out! What're they here for?!" Mineta panics, sweat flicking off him and splashing me in the face. I deadpan, wiping it off.

At the sight of a dozen or so slightly agitated students all staring into our class, letting their eyes drift along those I share the room with. I come to the realisation that I know exactly what's happening...

"Wait... I've seen this in a movie before. It's a turf war!! This is my class, alright? You ain't having it- my smell's all over the place!" I'm certain in my assumption as I stomp forward, pointing an accusatory finger at the closest guy.

In those black and white movies, they're always doing this type of shit. The ones with cowboys, which doesn't even make sense 'cuz they sit on horses, not cows...

"It's not a turf war..." One of the intruding idiots tells me. I slump into myself, deadpanning.

"Well this is boring then, move fucker."

Bakugou scoffs, unbothered by the new faces as he grabs my arm, pulling me away from them as I'm clearly not getting anyone out of the way with my perfect personality.

"They're scoping out the competition. Duh." I glance up to him as he drops my limb, my feet shuffling beside his as he stares down the hoard of nosy neighbours as though they're insects.

"Because we're the kids who survived a villain attack." Bakugou eyes can't refrain from dropping down to the top of my head as he speaks, unable to erase the memory of me bullying a Nomu.

I wouldn't say 'kids' exac—

"Makes sense they'd want a look before the sports festival- Now move it, extras." Bakugou grumbles yet again, surprisingly calm despite his words.

Hah!

Extras?

"You can't just call people 'extras' just because you don't know them!!" Iida scolds from the back of the class, stiffly flailing his arms in the air. I chuckle to Ochako who seems to have calmed down due to my careless nature about the situation.

"Are all the kids in the hero course like those two?" A student from another class asks condescendingly. I raise my brows, not quite entertained enough with this entire ordeal to pay total attention. I just want to go home and sleep some more.

"Huh?" Bakugou glares darkly.

"Gotta say, I'm a little disillusioned if this is what you're offering." The same tired looking boy, that Mina pointed yesterday, speaks up, shoving his way to the front.

"Look who's talking, eyebags." I mumble under my breath, Bakugou snorts, having caught what I said.

I don't even know what 'disillusioned' means, I just wanted to insult someone since that seems to be where this is going.