Chapter 35

Third Person POV

"Breaking News. Suspect in the All For One incident yesterday, Amane Suzuya- has escaped the ambulance which was en route to send the student into surgery for her wounds and has been missing for the past 24 hours."

"While her motives remain unknown, she was previously detained for using her quirk without a public permit. Please be cautious if you see this individual. We've been informed that when emotional, the female can become manic and violent." A stern news reporter spoke firmly when addressing the situation at hand.

The words protruding from the TV echo through the lounge of the dorm building. Class 1-A sit uncomfortably in their new home, listening to the report.

Bakugou sits on the edge of his seat, sporting a blank face as he processes everything. Staring directly to the screen which displays the girl's previous UA photo as well as the footage of her escaping the ambulance and changing her appearance.

Midoriya is sweating with wide eyes as he listens to the report, guilt and remorse lacing his heart as he peers to the girls empty expression. We could've saved her too, he thinks regretfully.

Uraraka nervously bounces her leg up and down due to the anxiety she feels, nearly all of her fingernails have been bitten off as her heart squeezes in guilt.

Todoroki's breath runs hollow as he too listens to the report, eyes locked to his feet. He glances up to the footage for a mere second, witnessing the sight of her being as she stood to the side of the road. She's alone... the boy sympathises.

There are, undoubtedly, mixed opinions towards the girl throughout the class. Some believe they saw the villainous signs in her long ago. Others believe that she saved All Might with no other ulterior motives.

Bakugou, on the other hand, is torn. He witnessed how she sympathised with the villains, he witnessed the love she holds for that scarred man.

Yet, he's not stupid. He saw how Amane put herself between him and All For One, how she forced herself to intervene, how she made sure that all of the UA students could get away, at her own expense.

Above all else, he felt the remorse she held when she placed her lips against his, as a final goodbye. The boy tightens his eyes shut, attempting not to allow his emotions to get the better of him in front of everyone.

"I don't get it... Why did she run away?" Hagakure questions the class in confusion, a few mumbles of agreement sound out.

"She was probably scared." Asui reasons with concern laced in her voice.

"SCARED?! Are you kidding me??!! She nearly murdered All Might!!" Mineta wails out in response.

"Mineta! That is no way to talk about your classmate." Iida scolds.

"Well, she's a villain now... she's not our classmate." Ojiro notes to everyone.

"You're all fucking idiots!" Bakugou says to those engaging in the previous conversation, unable to hold himself back as he listens to them mutter amongst themselves without the slightest clue.

"If she was gonna kill All Might, he'd be dead. You'd be stupid to not acknowledge how strong she is. I was there- she was protecting him. She was protecting all of us. Some fucking heroes you are... losing faith in someone the second they go missing." Bakugou grumbles out harshly.