Chapter 73

Amane Suzuya

My toes tap impatiently into the tips of my boots as I sit awkwardly waiting outside a blue tinted door. I haven't slept much, not well, at least.

Therapy. He told me.

Paying someone to listen to my problems and mistakes so I can feel less guilty about them.

I have no idea what possessed him to think that I would need that. I don't need that. I'm fine. I'm a normal, upstanding member of society.

Tenko needs therapy. No questions asked. I'm normal enough to avoid having an intervention about my mental state. Well, from Aizawa at least.

Thankfully, I pretty much talked him out of it. Until all he asked of me was a quaint chat with the school councillor. Which I also found to be pointless but I think I'd whittled him down enough for one night.

Leading me to now. Shoto sits beside me as I chew at my fingernails. I have literally no idea why he's here, I asked him earlier but he said he's here for 'support'.

Again, no clue what that means.

It's not like someone's going to attack me during a chat, what the fuck would I need support for?

"I think you're nervous." The half and half boy calmly speaks, placing his hand gently over my knee as it bounces up and down. I furrow my brows at him, nudging his hand off me.

"Not nervous. Just bored." I grumble, leaning my head backwards over the back of my uncomfortable seat.

"I see." He hums.

"Would you like to do something entertai—"

The door before us cracks open, I immediately stand from my seat, wanting to get this over with as soon as possible.

Sorry, Little Touya.
She's not in the mood right now~

Don't call him that...

Hm... well that's all he is.

A part of me is skeptic due to how... loud my quirk is becoming as of late. It feels like my own inklings are being pushed out of the foreground, making room for far larger, far meaner... far more insidious thoughts.

Thoughts. Are they even thoughts at this point?

"We'll play later." I wave Shoto away, not bothering to dwell on what I can't change. I step into a room that seems similar to Aizawa's office, only cleaner and more well kept.

"Good morning... Suzuya?" The man checks his clipboard as though he doesn't know who he's addressing. Sure, I'll let it pass, maybe he doesn't watch the news.

I nod to him, nudging past his figure ever so slightly to get to the seat on the latter side of the desk.

"I'm Haru. What should I call you?"

"... Pretty?" I reply, unsure by his tone.

"Your name is pretty?" He asks.

I shrug. "I guess my name's nice, sounds good on the tongue." I explain, not realising that there's already been a clear misunderstanding between us already.

'Haru' deadpans, his demeanour slightly thrown off. He's curious as to whether I'm doing this on purpose, or perhaps I just don't understand.

"No. I mean... what is your name?" He reiterates.