Chapter 69.5

Third Person POV

The reasoning behind Toga and Twice's appearance.

The usual villains who make up the League all sit around the base in boredom as they all play with the gifts Amane had given them.

Toga's spinning her knife between her fingers mindlessly, much like Spinner with his katana. Twice wiggles his feet within the socks that were gifted to him as Compress tapped his prosthetic fingers onto his leg.

Dabi, on the other hand, has his head low as he sots uncomfortably on a mattress-less bed frame. In a way, he too is amusing himself with the gift the girl had given him. Though, it wasn't something material as she had given the others. It was something far more meaningful, at least to him.

A few nights ago

"So... you got everyone else a gift but nothing for me?" The black haired man falsely pouts as he leans his head in his hand. Amane rolls her eyes before turning to him, sporting an apologetic smile.

"I was gonna show you... but I talked myself out of it." She admits with slight embarrassment.

Touya raises a brow as he leans back into his bed, watching as Amane discretely shuffles around his room, taking in the decor once again and irritatingly beginning to rearrange certain things on his shelves. Actually, it almost looks like she's trying to organise his shit for him.

"Show me." The villain encourages, nudging his head at her to beckon her towards him. She quirks a brow back at him before shuffling over to the foot of his bed, where he sits, gladly. Despite this, her expression seems reluctant to show him what his 'present' is.

"It's not really a gift or anything... and you gotta promise not to laugh or make a weird face!" She scolds, already assuming what his reaction might be. The man raises a brow before nodding his head with a sigh.

"Yeah, yeah. I won't laugh or think you're a psycho freak. Now show me before I come over there and make you." He rambles out, causing a tingling sensation to spread across her heart.

"Since you asked so politely." The girl deadpans before doing as requested.

Touya's lips twitch up at the corners as he watches Amane slowly pull up the bottom of her shirt. A bubbling excitement builds within him at the sight.

"Hm? So that's my gift. You want me fu—" His words die down as her movement stops.

In an instant, that feeling of sexual tension that suddenly spiked in him comes to a halt as his eyes lock on to Amane's exposed abdomen. His expression is unreadable to her for a while, causing her to drown in regret for even showing him.

There, at either sides of her hips, he sees two horribly scarred marks on her being. The skin's raised slightly from the rest of her porcelain stomach, it looks ruined, tinted in an unsightly purple. The worst part of it all is that... it's in the shape of his hands. Those hands that he promised himself he wouldn't use to ruin her.

Those hands are engraved into her very body, as though he had branded her as his own breed of cattle.

Touya's mind begins to spiral as guilt eats him alive. He had done that to her? He had burned her so brutally without a second thought? Even if she had asked for it... never would he have imagined that he would've complied.

But Amane herself is proof of his complete lack of self control. Her very body is the thing that proved to him what a monster he can be. And... worst of all, she thought he would've laughed at her for keeping it?