Chapter 63

Amane Suzuya

"I'm back!!" I sing as I enter Overhaul's office, he stares blankly at me, his emotionless expression never wavering.

Boring!

"What? No parade for me?" I playfully pout trying to elicit some sort of response from him.

C'mon. Let me get under your skin!

"Sit." He mutters over to me, I tilt my head, tapping the toe of my boot onto the panelled floor.

"Am I a dog?" I hum, narrowing my eyes onto him. He raises a brow to me.

"Not that I know of. But you are under my authority, so why don't you take a seat?" He states with little amusement.

I huff, realising that what he said is fair enough, for now. I saunter around the couch before flopping myself backwards onto it, stretching my limbs out comfortably.

"Better?" I smirk to him, knowing my dirty boot on the couch is surely irritating him. He narrows his eyes before opening his mouth with purpose to scold me.

However, he is interrupted as another figure bursts into the room, I roll my eyes at the intrusion, wanting to dig into the brown haired man's character a little more.

"Sir, I gave her the toys- she really liked them." The unknown man calls out. I keep my expression unsurprised but internally I raise a brow.

Huh? He has a kid or something...?

"Don't interrupt us again, leave." Overhaul instructs the man, I tilt my head back at the new arrival with a forced toothy grin.

"What he said. We're busy here, dumbass." I taunt. The man at the doorway hadn't seemed to even notice my figure before I spoke.

"Uh- yes sir, my apologies." He bows before shoving the door closed behind him. At his absence, I lower my gaze to the floor.

'She'?

Oh here you go.

He has a little girl... in this place?

"Pay no mind to that-" Overhaul begins but I interrupt him.

"You have a little girl?" I hum, snapping my head back to him with a forced out curious smile. He breathes out a stressed sigh through his nose, hoping I hadn't caught onto that.

"Not mine. No. But as I said, pay no mind to that, it's all apart of my plan." He waves me off. I narrow my eyes at him.

"We're here to talk about you." He adds on.

"Sure! Wha'cha wanna know?" I chime, acting unbothered, however, the thought of a young girl being trapped in a desolate place like this can't help but continuously claw at the back of my mind.

"I've watched your interviews. You're good at gaining the public's favour, aren't you?" He mutters to me, I lift up one side of my lip in an attempt of a smirk.

"What can I say? I'm a likeable person." I shrug, he narrows his eyes onto me in suspicion.

"But that's just the thing... you're not likeable at all." He hums, sporting an expression which displays to me that he's seriously trying to figure me out. I deadpan before raising both my brows.