Chapter 05

Age Sixteen

After my failure of an attempt at expulsion, I'm rather glum. Well, I suppose that's a bit of an understatement. My entire aura screams 'Not In The Mood'. As I place myself down into my seat, I drop my head into my arms.

I really don't wanna be here.

A few other students seem to notice the drop in atmosphere surrounding my being. Even an idiot wouldn't try to bother me right no—

Nope! God hates me. I feel a tap on my shoulder, I don't bother to look up from my resting place between my arms as I hum in response.

"You tired, Amane?" A soft cheery voice asks. Ochako.

It's odd. The way her light, airy voice seems to diminish any ill-will I feel. A sudden giddiness entrances me.

She's like sunshine.

Even the thought of my new friend seems to brighten my mood, I keep my head on my arms but turn to her and smirk.

"Nah, just thinking about how easily I could beat Bakugou in a fight." I smoothly cover up my actual thoughts.

Ochako sweat drops in response before peaking towards the boy in question; he's currently trying to swat off a spiky redhead and an electric blond who are gushing over his quirk.

"I know I'm awesome but back off will ya?!" Bakugou bellows, clearly unimpressed with how 'kiss-ass' people are being.

The girl snorts out a laugh at the sight, encouraging me to join in quietly, my eyes focused on her and nothing else at all.

She's making this much easier, I gotta admit.

"Hey... Ochako?"

She offers me a sweet smile, encouraging me to continue with my train of thought.

"Can you tell me everyone's name? I was a bit... distracted when introductions happened." I mumble out the ask.

Yeah, distracted giving Todoroki a stare down.

So dumb.

She crouches down beside me to be eye level. "Oh? Sure! The spiky red head is Kirishima, the electricity boy is Kaminari, Momo has that big black hair right there, Mina has pink skin, erm—" She continues on, reciting everyone's names to me.

I'm thankful for this but have to admit that I'm not listening at all as I stare to her cheery expression, she holds a brightness that I've never seen in anyone before. It elicits a feeling in my stomach, I don't really know what it is, but I know I want to keep her by my side.

I pull my hand out from under my chin and pat her brown head of hair as a sign of my gratitude as she finishes. Her pink cheeks seem to redden further at this gesture.

So cute!

I have my head basically glued to the desk in front of me for the remainder of the day. Desperately trying to claw my way out of my brain to escape how pathetically boring 'maths' is.

I don't really understand numbers, unless it's to count stuff. I get that one thing plus one thing is two things. I understand that. But then what the fuck is two 'multiplied' by two? It doesn't make sense.

A bell chimes, I tilt my head to Ochako, questioning what this means. She seems to think I'm joking so she giggles before waving at me and leaving the room.

Is it over then...?

Finally.

I hop up off my chair and stretch out my back. Fuck, that feels good. As the classroom clears out, I peer towards the window, noting that the weather doesn't seem too shitty today.