Chapter 09

Personalised Quirk Test - Age Sixteen

"TODAY IS THE DAY, YOUNG SUZUYA!" All Might roars as he runs up to me the second I step through the school entrance.

I just got here...

"Eh?" I flinch up to him, confused as to where he could possibly harbour that sort of energy. He nudges himself down to match my eye level "You're needed for your personalised Quirk Apprehension Test!" He explains with a smile, my brows raise at the revelation.

That's happening now?

I thought they would've waited until Aizawa was properly healed.

"Oh today? Cool!" I begin to feel excitement bubbling in my stomach. A sudden itch emerging all over my skin at the idea of using my quirk again. After yesterday's whole... situation, I'm dying to snap something in half!

I turn to Ochako who'd decided to walk to class with me "I'll see you after first period, I gotta go take a test real quick." I announce to her, she tilts her head.

"Oh, is it because you have a stupid amount of power that you didn't bother to tell me about?" She asks cutely.

"... No?" My answer is more of a question.

She chuckles at my nervousness, smacking my shoulder gently to get me to ease up.
The corners of my lips curve up. "I think it's 'cuz I flunked the test on the first day, remember?"

The girl stifles a laugh at the reminder of my total failure to impress literally anyone. "Pfft! Yeah, you had me fooled. I thought you really could only throw a ball ten metres aHA!" She snorts. I deadpan.

Without a quirk that is all I can throw a ball, asshole.

"See ya later, Amane!" She calls out as I follow All Might to the P.E grounds. I wave back to her with a content smile before lifting my gaze up to the burly hero "So what's the test gonna be?" I question in a curious tone.

"An arm wrestling match between us?" I continue to theorise.

That'd be fun...

All Might softly chuckles at this. "Not quite, Young Suzuya." He remarks, steering me onward.

As he nudges me around a corner, I'm met with a crowd of staff members, each one with their gazes firmly planted onto my being. My heart drops at the sight, panic flooding through my body.

... AM I GONNA BE ARRESTED??!!!

"THIS- IS YOUR TEST!!" All Might bellows in his signature hero voice. I exhale a breath of relief, sweat still pooling off my skin.

Phew, nearly shit myself for a second there.

"You will be fighting Midnight, Present Mic, Cementoss, Ectoplasm, and you would've also been against Aizawa, but he's currently out of commission..." The number one tells me, a furrow appears on my brow, but he's not quite finished—

"THEREFORE I SO GRACIOUSLY OFFERED TO TAKE HIS PLACE!"

Beg your pardon?

My jaw unhinges as my nose twitches up, total dread befalling my body as I stare up at the burly hero. I have to fight all of them, and All Might...?

Heh... haha...

"That seems a little... unfair?" I chuckle out awkwardly, subtly attempting to shuffle my feet back and give myself an opportunity to sprint as far away from these freaks as possible.

Midnight smirks to herself. "Don't be frightened, dear. We've heard you pack a punch. This is as fair as it gets." She explains whilst licking her lips.