Page 4

To love is to destroy, and that to be loved is to be the one destroyed.
- Classandra Claire

Shannon was clearly irritated with me. He threw the door to our room open and flung himself on the bed.

"You should-" I began but he cut me off.

"Don't tell me what I should and shouldn't do, Jared! You have no room to talk. If anything is going to get us killed it's you! If the queen finds out how you feel about her daughter she'll kill us and have us for dinner!"

"That's not going to happen! I know I'm not allowed to love the princess, and I can't express that I do but-"

"Just stop, Jared." Shannon's anger filled eyes stared at me. "We aren't staying, and we certainly aren't bring her with us." With that Shannon rolled over on his side and ignored me.

I sat down on my own bed and looked up at the ceiling. I heard something rustle against the floor and I quickly sat up. There was a white piece of paper lying in front of the door. I looked over to Shannon, but he was sound asleep. I got up and picked up the paper.

It was lightly scented with perfume and read: I would like to talk more, meet me tonight in my room once Shannon is asleep. I fear he doesn't like me all that much so please try to keep it a secret.
-Kylie

I looked back over to my brother who was still asleep. I put the note in my pocket and made my way toward Kylie's room.

I tried to look like I knew what I was doing as I passed people in the hallway. It appeared to work because no one questioned me. I looked around making sure no one was watching before I lightly knocked on her door.

It swung open and I was pulled in quickly and met with Kylie's hungry gaze. I pressed my lips to hers and devoured her. She gripped onto my neck tightly and wrapped her legs around my waist. I carried her to her bed and placed her down gently.

I felt guilty that I was betraying Shannon, but I needed her. Once a week we would meet like this and enjoy each other.

"Jared," she moaned as I started removing her dress. Once I finished stripping her down I took my own clothes off and thrusted myself inside her. She let out a muffled scream as I forced my length deeper and faster. She tightened around me and my body began to lose control. I quickly pulled out and stroked my cock until I came on her stomach.

She pulled me down to her and kissed me passionately. "I love you."

I kissed her back and replied, "I love you more than life itself."

"You should go," she said pushing me away.

I quickly got dressed and kissed her one last time.