Page 24

"I object to to violence because when it appears good,the good is temporary; the evil it does is permanent."
- Mahatma Ghandi

Shannon's POV

"You were too hard on her, Shannon. And besides, it's not really fair for us to have a relationship and not her and your brother," Aviana said straddling my waist and resting her head on my chest.

Heat was still radiating from her pussy turning me on again. I brought her lips to mine and looked into her eyes. "But has she ever done for me and my brother other than putting us in this mess?"

"She's done more than you think. She's the reason that human servants are treated with more respect."

"Is she?" I asked grabbing Aviana's ass and rubbing my hardening cock against her.

"No more, Shannon this is important." She got up and sat beside me with her knees to her chest.

"I know this is important, and I'm doing the best I can! And wasn't it you that suggested that I need to find some way to relieve stress?" The moment the words were out of my mouth I regretted it.

"Is that all I am? A stress reliever?" She looked at me her eyes on the verge of tears.

"No, Avi. I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that." I sat up and wrapped my arms around her and pulled her close.

"Before you showed up at the palace, Jared was in a very dark place. Then Kylie came along. She changed everything about him. She even saved his life. He had done something to really anger one of the guards and was being whipped. She saw this and ran out in front of him to save his life. She was 9 in Lurian years but in human time she was only 1. After he recovered that's when you showed up. And he saved your life. So if you think about it. Had she not saved Jared he wouldn't be here, and neither would you, so be grateful for her."

"I'm sorry," I said pulling away. I didn't know anything about what had happened before I showed up at the palace and I felt like there is a lot that I still don't know. "So what was it that you wanted to tell me? When we were at your house."

Aviana remained silent for a long time. "You find out soon enough." She said standing and getting dressed.

"Where are you going? It's after midnight."

"There are some things that I have to take care of." She kissed me passionately before she left my room.

Jared's POV

"The queen wants a word with you," the guard said though the bars of the door.

I stood up and dusted myself off. The door opened revealing the queen. I bowed politely and waited for her to speak.

"You're coming back to the palace for a ball in honor of my daughter. However you will not leave here until it is time. Am I understood?"

"Yes you're majesty," I said bowing.

"Good. That'll be all." She stepped away and the door shut.

This was strange. I wonder what on earth was going on. She banishes me from the castle and condemns me to this dark underground dungeon and then proceeds to invite me to a ball. Something definitely wasn't right. I need to talk to Shannon. I fell so left out of the loop, and now that I had fully recovered from my injuries they no longer allowed Aviana to visit me.

I sat back down in the cold ground think about what could possibly be in store.

Kylie's POV

I walked along the halls listening to any of the guards that I passed hoping that they would have some idea as to what the ball really was. Some how I found myself in front of the queen's door, and her guards were nowhere to be seen.

I pressed my ear to the door hoping to be able to hear something.

"-all the Lurians gone and away from harm. The palace is to be shut down on the night of the ball, and only the humans left. You are to have all of the imperial guard along the walls of the ball room, and open fire. However Shannon and Jared Leto are not to be harmed, so I'll need someone to guide them away from the massacre."

"Why are they to survive?" A man spoke it sounded like the current high commander.

"Because if I'm correct. We can turn them into weapons of mass destruction."

I backed away from the door. I didn't know what to do. Shannon. He had to know. I ran to his room as fast as my legs would carry me, and banged on his door.

"What?" He said groggily rubbing at his eyes. He was once again shirtless and his hair was a tousled mess.

"She's planning a slaughter," I said breathlessly.

He was suddenly wide awake. He quickly pulled me into this room and shut the door. "Talk."

He stood against the door as I recalled everything that I heard. "And you and Jared are apart of some crazy plan that she has. She said something like turning you into weapons of mass destruction."

He ran his hands through his hair as his mind was reeling. I could see the gears turning as he tried to figure out just what that was suppose to mean. Suddenly he looked up at me his eyes wide.

"Find someway to hurt yourself and go see Aviana. I'll meet you there in a few minutes." He grabbed my arm, pushed me out the door, and slammed it shut.