Page 19

"Patience is bitter, but it's fruits are sweet."
- Aristotle

Shannon's POV

"I'm going to have to start charging you if you keep this up," Aviana said as she stitched my side for the third time.

"I'm sorry. I'm stressed out and-"

"Shannon, it was just a joke." She stood up and straight and lightly kissed my cheek. "I know you're worried. I am to, but if you keep going at the rate you are you're going to make yourself sick."

She went to the sink and began cleaning the equipment when I heard someone call her name. The door flew open and one of the servant stood there. His eyes frantic and he was breathing heavily as though he had been running. "Aviana! It's Jared! He's cut himself!"

"What?" I exclaimed. I stood up and put my shirt on.

Aviana grabbed a large kit along with her medical journal and a pen. She shot me look that warned me to stay here before leaving with the servant.

I told him not to do anything stupid and that's exactly what he did. Something stupid. If he didn't successfully kill himself and a when this is all over I was going to finish the job.

Jared's POV

I was being shaken awake, but my eyes wouldn't open. I put all of my energy into it and finally saw a golden blur. It moved across my vision and I followed it. There was also a muffled sound that I couldn't make out. Everything felt foggy, and my brain couldn't focus on anything.

I felt pressure on my wrists and slowly things began to be clear again. I saw Aviana's bright hair and her glowing green eyes.

"Jared, I need you to stay with me," she said urgently.

"You came," I said softly.

"Why did you do this, Jared? You're brother is probably freaking out right now, and where did you get the glass?"

"The vase in our room. I needed to know what is happening," I pleaded with her.

She didn't say anything. She worked on my wrist. "Please try and take care of yourself," she said as she began to pack up her things and then slid a piece of paper into my pocket.

Once everyone was gone I took the paper out. It read:

Be patient. Good things come to those who wait.