Page 22

"Pleasure of love lasts but a moment, pain of love lasts a life time."
- Unknown

Jared's POV

I hadn't slept in what seemed like years. I wasn't sure if it was night or day and I most certainly didn't know if I would be getting out alive. I know Shannon is trying his best, and every once in a while Aviana would come and check on me. She would tell me how stressed Shannon is, but he was doing his best. I never doubted he wouldn't.

I found myself day dreaming Kylie often. I missed her scent, her touch, her kiss. I sat on the ground staring into space wondering if she felt the same way. Eventually my eyes grew heavy and I drifted off to sleep.

Shannon's POV

I managed to get Aviana to trust me and let go of her fears. I pulled my shirt off and pinned her against the wall. Her hands traveled up and down my chest and trailed along the scar on my side. Her touched left hot tingling sensations all over my skin driving my body mad with lust.

I crushed our lips together and began to pull her pants down. Her breath hitched and body temperature rose drastically. She began withdraw from me but I tightened my grip on her and forced her to look at me. "Focus on me. Don't let this scare you."

Her fluorescent green eyes stared back at me while she nodded. I pushed her pants down to her ankles. I took in her naked beauty. She shied away at first and covered her lower body with her hands. I grabbed her wrists and pin them against the wall above her head. "You're so beautiful. I'm just sorry it took me so long to realize it."

She stepped out of her pants and guided me up stairs to her bed room. It wasn't what I would have expected. I though there would be medical supplies of some kind scattered around but it was actually full all kinds of diverse plants.

She let go of my hand and moved over to the bed and stood with her back to me. Something was still bothering her.

I walked to her wrapped my arms around her waist. "Don't think about it, and don't take this moment away. Who knows when this will ever happen again."

She turned in my arms and kissed my chest. I placed one hand under her chin and forced her to look at me. She was almost in tears.

"I'm sorry. If you don't want to do this you don't have to." I backed away from her but held her hands in mine.

"It's not that Shannon. I just... You should know something about me before you decide you really want to do this, and it's nothing easy to explain."

"There's nothing in this world that will change how much I love you." I wiped away her tears and just held her. I figured that it was better than nothing right now.

"I love you. I love you so much." Our lips met again but this time she was more forceful. We fell onto the bed and the heat was quickly rising between the two of us. "I want to," she said breathlessly.

I began to kiss her neck and down to her shoulder and continued to quench our thirst for pleasure.