feeling in my chest

*saiki pov*

(Weeks later)

Y/n and nendou finally got their projects turned in and got an A on it, which saved nendou from getting kicked out.

Kuboyasu has also joined robotics, and him and y/n have been getting Awfully close.

By the day, Teruhashi has been getting more and more clingy and touchy.

y/n has spoken to me a couple of times, but she still doesn't want to bother me, because she thinks I don't want to be messed with, or I just wanted to be loyal to Teruhashi which is annoying

The bell had rang, and all the students came rushing out the classrooms.

I haven't been focussing in class lately, not that I needed to or anything but during class I've been zoning out and thinking about y/n.

It was weird, I never thought about anyone for so long before. Everytime think, or see her with Kuboyasu, my chest would hurt, and I don't know what it is...

It was so frustrating....

"Hey Kusuo-san!"

Oh god not her....

I ignored Teruhashi and continued my journey to my locker.

"Kusuo! I'm talking to you!"

I quicken my pace and began to lose her in the crowd.

Finally

I sighed and opened up my locker, quickly getting all of my stuff. I could sense Teruhashi's presence close.

"Kusuo!"

"Hey dude, your just going to ignore her?" Some random kid asked me.

I mentally rolled my eyes and closed my locker.

"Kusuo-san, you didn't hear me calling you?" Teruhashi asked.

'im sorry, I didn't. I'm in a rush.'

"Why what happened??"

'its urgent family business, I'm coming back at 1.' I told her.

"Oh okay..." She sighed and walked off.

I lied, I was just gonna sit in the restroom until 1, or since I don't have my next class with Teruhashi, I can just go, and then skip whatever class I have with her.

Yup that's a great idea.

I don't have next period with her, so I'm gonna go there. I walked to my next period and walked in.

Y/n was in this class, and so was Kuboyasu.... Great their sitting next to each other...

*your POV*

"Wait so your telling me that you think that Rem is better than Ryuk?!" I asked Aren.

"Uh, yeah!"

"No! You are a menace to society!" I lightly slap him on the shoulder.

"Haha, I'm only saying that because.Ryuk is useless, and Rem was trying to protect Misa when light threatened her..." He explained.

"Wait, did you even finish the show??"

"nope, I'm on episode 19 I keep on falling asleep during it."

"Without Ryuk, there would be no death note."

"true true... Hey what are we doing in Robotics today?" Aren asked.

"Ms. Mito is gonna let us do whatever since we worked so hard on our robots." I told him

"Ah, good to know!" He said

We waited about two minutes til the bell rang again, and we had a sub today.

"Hey kids, so your teacher didn't leave a note for what to do, so you can do free time, just don't be too loud." The sub said.

Everybody then spread out and started talking to their friends, some stayed at their seats and pulled out their phones.

Me and Aren stayed in our seat playing childhood games like, shame shame shame, Mrs. Marry Mack, lemonade, etc.

*Saiki POV*

When the sub said we could free time, I pulled out a book and started reading, but I couldn't really focus on the book.

My eyes kept going towards y/n and Kuboyasu laughing and having a good time.

Y/n looked happy, she had a pretty smile on her face that shined brighter than the sun. It was a sight to see.

But then I got this tight feeling in my chest. It felt like someone grabbed my heart and squeezed it.

Then I heard Kuboyasu's thoughts.

'Y/n's so cute, I like her a lot. I should ask her out one day!'

When I heard that it made the feeling in my chest more aggressive.

I excused myself from the classroom and went to the restroom that wasn't that far from the class.

I entered the restroom and turned on the faucet to the sink, and splashed my face with water. I took some paper towels and lightly patted my face.

"hey buddy... Are you okay?" I heard Nendou voice.

'yeah, I'm fine...'

"are you sure??" He asked again.

'yeah, yeah. I'm cool.' I reassured.

"okay! Talk to me if you need anything, we're buddies after all!" He smiled as he left the restroom after washing his hands.

Nendou may still be an idiot but I should still give him more credit. I mean he did get an A on that robotics project. But if it weren't for y/n then he would've failed.

Speaking of y/n, I just remembered what Kuboyasu thought.

'Y/n's so cute, I like her a lot. I should ask her out one day!'

It kept playing in my head.

What the Hell is going on with me??? Should I tell someone? Nah I should wait for it to worsen... Wait what if I actually die and I need to tell someone before it worsens???

I start to over think and I start repetitively bang my head with my hand.

I don't know what to do... This feeling is foreign to me and I've never felt like this before in my life.

I splashed more water on my face and patted it off with paper towels. I then exited the restroom and walked back to class.

I tried my best to ignore everyone and zone everyone out, especially their thoughts. Then I remembered that ring I found a few days ago.

I pulled the ring out of my pocket and placed in on my ring finger and put headphones on and cut the music all the way up.

Wow, I should do this more often. Its so quiet..
I then forget about my surroundings and zone into my book.

Yay!! Finally published this... Anyways I feel like this book is going too fast and Saiki's feelings for you are strong a bit too fast and early in the book, so I'll try to slow things down.

(words 1052)