V

Draco hated Elio, every single part of him. But the girl he liked was constantly hanging out with him. Elio was nice to Elena. He loved hearing her talk about her interests. She could talk for hours and hours and he'd listen.

That's why Draco hated him— because he was capable of doing the very same thing.

Draco hid all the anger and jealousy he'd been feeling for the past couple of days when he came up to greet her in the morning. "Good morning." He grinned, sitting down next to her. She smiled at the sound of his voice, turning her head to look at him. "Good morning, Draco." Elena said, closing her book to give him her undivided attention.

"Are you alright? You don't look so well." She said, stroking the back of her hand over his pale cheek. A blush crept onto his face. "Yeah, I'm fine." He lied, wishing that he could just tell her how angry he was all the time because of Elio. These thoughts, these horrible violent thoughts weren't healthy.

"I don't believe you." She said worriedly, taking her hand away from his face. Elena put her arms around his neck, pulling him into a warm embrace. His face wasn't pale anymore, but burning red instead. Draco pulled her closer, resting his chin on her shoulder. "You can tell me." She said softly.

"I feel so angry all the time." Draco admitted, sighing in disappointment when she let go of him. "What's been making you feel that way?" She asked him in her soft voice, tilting her head a little. "I don't know," Draco lied. "It's just there."

"Try punching something, it helps." She grinned jokingly. Draco immediately thought about punching Elio until he was bruised and bleeding to death. The thought calmed him down for some reason. The image satisfied him beyond belief.

"Yeah, I should definitely try that." Draco said, wondering when the right time to ask her to stop seeing Elio was. "Is there anything I can do?" She asked. Maybe it was better for Draco to just ask her to hang out. If she grew closer to him, she may keep more distance from Elio.

"I just.." Draco started, then chuckled nervously. "I was wondering if you wanted to—"

"There you are! I've been looking for you for ages.." Draco was cut off by Elio, who came striding into sight, rushing towards the Slytherin table. "I've been here for over an hour.." Elena laughed, too clueless to see the pure hatred in Draco's eyes when he looked at Elio. "Ah, Malfoy, you here?" Elio said.

Draco didn't say anything, he just stared and pictured Elio with a slit throat, blood dripping down his shirt and staining everything. "Sorry, what is it that you wanted to say again?" Elena asked with a smile. "Never mind." Draco said fiercely, then walked away as fast as he could, cursing out the world.

"What's up with him?" Elio asked her with a laugh, taking his books out of his bag. "Just a bad day, I think." She lied. It probably wasn't right to share Draco's issues with Elio. "He's just proof that family isn't created by blood." Elio chuckled.

"What do you mean?" She asked. She knew that they were family, but that their parents just never introduced them to one another. "He doesn't feel like family. He's just a git who happens to be distant family." Elio sighed.

"He's really sweet, just misunderstood." She said, immediately defending Draco without even doubting it. "I don't know, he kinda gives me a weird feeling," Elio said. "You know he likes you, right?"

She remembered the night that she slept in Draco's room. All that he said. "No, he doesn't!" She lied. Her face was hot with embarrassment. "He hates my guts." Elio said, raising his eyebrows.

"You hate him too."

"Because he gives me a weird vibe."

She rolled her eyes, and couldn't hold back a laugh. "Elio, you're imagining things. Draco is one of the few people who are nice to me."