⟶ DANAYSI

『 Chapter 36 』

Chapter 36

⤐ ♤ « 〚♞〛 » ♤ ⬷

The rush of noise, the explosion of the bricks, the rumbling of the building, the symphony of yells, the warbling of voices, everything came crashing in at once. Violent and loud and restless, the epicenter of a storm, the world had gotten so small for just mere minutes. A single roomed bar in the middle of a residential neighborhood, this is where the villain lie in wait.

From the impact, the foundations of the hideout shake. In the mix of the debris, Y/N's chair topples, and therefore her body toppling with it. Chained by each section of her body, she has no choice but to let herself slam against the hardwood. Her body jars at the sudden stop, neck pulling on the brace yet again. This time, however, she seems to push the restriction to its limits—she ceases to breathe.

The shock of the whole situation leaves her seeing double, mind frazzled over the stimulation and noise. A shaking sensation worms its way through her gut; she doesn't know what it is, but Hidaka's discerns that the feeling is not fear. Why is it not fear?

The most notorious heroes in modern day Japan stand amongst the wreck. All Might's blue uniform beams forth like a talisman, a rainbow in a world of gray. Despite his costume and reputation, his jovial nature does not reach his face. His eyes, shaded and dark, seem more like striking serpents rather than the sunshine they usually hold. All Might is not seen like this often.

Shigaraki yells to Kurogiri immediately at the sight of the strongest hero in the country, calling for a warp gate to take them away before they could be either incapacitated or captured. But, from the skies, a wooden man with a solid face of bark comes flying in, arms stretching and twisting and grappling and holding—binding everyone who is in the reach of his fingertips.

Without blinking, Kamui Woods uses his quirk to ensnare the League in his grip, their arms held at their sides by the wrap of tree branches.

The loudness of it all never stops, and Y/N doesn't know why the heroes are so focused on the villains when they should be looking at her and Katsuki.

She can't fucking breathe. Why are they just standing around? Why are their priorities on the villains and their capture rather than the children at their sides? The students shiver in the heroes' peripherals yet they do nothing to console them or change their faces into smiles while they chant you're safe now!

Maybe it's because the heroes know that's a lie, for their safety as Yuuei students will never be ensured.

Her gaze lands on Bakugou, standing strong but with mute alarm, but she knows better than anyone that it's a facade. His jaw is tense, but there's a small gap in his lips at the sights around him. All Might, in full action, stands beside him not even a foot away. The mightiest of the heroes had come to rescue him, and so there he stood, speechless and silent for one of the first times in his life.