⟶ TITLA

『 Chapter 22 』

Chapter 22

⤐ ♤ « 〚♞〛 » ♤ ⬷

The sky began to cry this morning. Y/N wouldn't say that she was a pluviophile, but she preferred when there was coverage over the sun. It saddened her, knowing that summer was coming. She had always favored the colder months, like autumn or winter. Times like those made her stand out less. People would always look at her weirdly during the warmer days, but it's not like she had a choice to wear the clothes she did.

But this morning started out well. She woke up without any problems, and she didn't feel tired at all. As it turns out, Ohta was awake earlier than usual. Y/N thought it was funny when she entered the kitchen to see her father pressing down a waffle iron while Ohta covered her breakfast in whipped cream and M&Ms.

Ohta, being the most amazing person on the planet, delivered Y/N her food just the way she likes it. Unprepared for the warm meal as she was expecting to make herself cereal, an affectionate, airy feeling floated around her head like a cloud. Maybe the air conditioner was broken. She finished her breakfast quickly, silently chuckling when her sister was eating her overly-topped waffle.

Then, she traversed back into her room to change. It felt odd, twisting the red tie around her neck for the first time this year. Making sure it stayed under the flaps of her collared shirt. She noticed she could breathe easier today. Maybe it was because she wasn't wearing her modified, black uniform today (the turtle neck on that top when all of the way to the base of her jaw, after all).

The white gloves were new. She had bought them yesterday, fresh as snow. The white, long-sleeved shirt she was wearing underneath the customary UA blouse was smooth and breathable, it's collar not a turtleneck, but instead a regular slope that dipped down underneath her blouse. It felt natural, to be in these colors of white and teal. She liked it better this way.

When she returned to her living room, Ohta stared at her older sister with her glittering eyes. Y/N smiled faintly at her reaction. Ohta-Ran would sure be a problem when she gets older—all of the boys would fawn over her, deservingly so. Y/N thought she was the prettiest girl in the world, with eyes like those and a grin as recherché as that.

The youngest Hidaka leapt out of her chair with unbridled energy, though her footsteps treaded light to not wake up her mother. She trotted down the hall with her small legs and a hushed giggle. Flying into her room, the young girl disappeared from sight.

Y/N turned towards her father, who was looking at his eldest daughter with that wholesome, tight-lipped smirk that parents always seemed to have. He looked proud.