⟶ JILTU

『 Chapter 29 』

Chapter 29

[ just a heads up: i'm not going to be doing anything with the final exams arc because it's kind of boring to read and to write ngl, so it's just referenced in this chapter. so far i've covered like every episode or arc but that won't always be the case—i will write what i have fun writing and add new stuff here and there to keep it interesting, such as chapters BLOMST, PORODICE, and SAKURANBO and many more examples. and so after this chapter, which is that arc's replacement, we're gonna jump right into the summer camp-ish stuff >:) so enjoy! ]

⤐ ♤ « 〚♞〛 » ♤ ⬷

Hitoshi lived in the biggest house in the neighborhood. The community had a wide range of houses, some smaller, others much, much larger. Though, the neighbors were not divided by class as they all knew they were lucky enough to live in a house instead of an apartment unlike the majority of the population—as the majority of people in Asia live in apartments and when one lives in a house they're considered above average.

Y/N's house was in the smaller half of the neighborhood houses—three basic bedrooms and two full bathrooms (one an en-suite and the other the kids bathroom). It was nice, she enjoyed her house's character.

The walls weren't a plain shade of white or gray but instead a multitude of colors depending on the room, the counters weren't perfectly polished granite or quartz, and she didn't have a large, farmhouse sink. The decor wasn't carefully planned house painting and sculptures, but instead family portraits and elementary art projects.

Her house was well lived in, and she loved it. And the things that made it unique were uncountable.

The small markings along the kitchen archway made her laugh, the heights of herself and her siblings over time displayed in colored pen—her's was (favorite color). There was a notch on one of the upper left cabinets of the kitchen, two creaky floorboards in her parents room by the door, the latch on Ohta's window didn't work quite right (never quite shutting all the way closed), the bathroom mirror has a scratch in the corner, her father's favorite mug had a chip out of the handle, the back leg of the easel in her room was a little too short and the right leg was stained with a purple smiley face that Ohta made with a marker of some sorts.

It was the subtleties of her home that made her love it so much. Living there her whole life, everything inside just seemed to ingrained within her. So, when she goes to the Shinsou residence, in their newly constructed, pristine mini-mansion, Y/N feels it's almost impersonal that their house lacks its own distinct personality.

Their house is absolutely gorgeous. Modern architecture and expensive landscaping. It seemed to be plucked from a housing network or from Pinterest. It was ironic how clean in was, but not surprising since only one kid lived there and a cleaning person came there on Tuesdays and Fridays.