Chapter 31

"Do you know what your parents have done?" An officer asked me.

"Well, Trixie told me that they murdered Will but I don't want to believe it"

"I'm afraid you will have to believe it. They've admitted to it and everything they say adds up. They told us where the body is and we found out. They will be going to court but they will be pleading guilty"

"I found this in the house" Trixie spoke and handed the officer the note.

"Thank you" The officer put it in a bag thing and sealed up the bag.

"Trixie, I'm afraid you will have to live by yourself or move in with a friend. Now, I need to speak to Zoe and Alfie alone if you wouldn't mind stepping outside for a second"

Trixie and I walked outside and no surprise the paps were here and snapping photos. They really don't have a heart do they? I don't think she cared much though because she just stood there ignoring them. I would go up to them and speak to them if I was her.

A few minutes later I got invited back inside. As I sat down on the chair, Zoe held on to my hand.

"You don't have to do this if you don't want to" She whispered before giving me a light kiss on the head.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Since your parents won't be able to look after you, you can stay with Zoe and Alfie. You don't have to if you don't want to"

"Are you kidding? Obviously I'm going to stay with Zoe and Alfie, I love them too much to leave. This is great! I can stay with you" I smiled and gave them a hug.

"There's one condition" The officer said in a serious tone.

"They will be adopting you. You can't leave them once they sign the papers"

"I don't want to leave them. They're my family now and I couldn't be happier"

"Abigail, you can live with some other family member if you'd like. We'd be ok with it" Zoe quietly told me.

"You don't want me, do you? You only want your proper children now don't you?"

"No, it's not like that. You're 16 years old Abigail, it will be hard growing up without your proper family around you. I'd love for you to stay with us but I'm thinking about your happiness. I don't know what I'd do without my family around"

"Yes but you're my family now. Before I started living with you I got neglected by everyone in my family except Trixie. They don't care the way you do"

"Are you sure? You're positive you want to come home with us for life?" Alfie asked with a smile on his face.

"I've never been so sure about anything in my life" I smiled back and they signed the papers.

So this is where my life starts all over again. I'm with a new family now. Life couldn't get any better then it is right now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I've been updating a lot recently I hope you don't mind but I can't wait until every other weekend to let you see these chapters. I write a lot on weekends and not so much on weekdays so sorry if I don't end up updating until Friday or something <3