Chapter 8

Zoe and I had just finished having an argument and to be honest I don't know why we had it. It was about last night, what Luke said. He probably heard everything as well. She was telling me not to ask Luke to the Halloween party but I really want to. Apparently because he's 18 and I'm 15 it's wrong. She stormed in to her room and who knows what she's thinking of?

I grabbed my coat and put my shoes on and opened the door.

"Where are you going?" Dad asked.

"Anywhere but here"

"But the party starts in a few hours don't you want to get ready?"

"I don't want to go. I'll stay at home"

And with that I stormed off. I ran to the park to clear my head from everything.

"Abi?" I heard a familiar voice ask.

"Caspy?" I turned around to be faced with Caspar.

I jumped up and gave him the biggest hug possible. Then I realised Joe was there and I'm pretty sure he took a photo.

"We were on our way to your house. Have you been crying?"

"No"

"Yes you have"

He wiped the tears away with his hand and sat down on the bench with me.

"I'm always here for you. No matter what problems you have, I'll always be here" He told me.

"Same here" Uncle Joe said.

"It's Zoe"

"What's she done?" Joe asked.

"She shouted at me because I wanted to ask Luke to be my date to the halloween party"

"She's emotional it will be ok" Caspar rubbed my back and comforted me.

"I really want to ask him" I confessed.

"You can't!" Caspar shouted.

"Why not?"

"Because... I like... I like Luke. I want to ask him"

"Very funny"

We started walking back when Joe pulled me to one side, Caspar hadn't noticed and he continued to walk ahead.

"He likes you" Joe whispered.

"I know he told me"

"When?"

"At the sleepover. He called me cute too"

"Caspar?"

"Wait, Caspar likes me I thought you were talking about Luke?"

"Nope"

Caspar realised and ran back to us.

"You can't do that!" He started to fake cry and people started staring.

Joe and I started running away from him and Caspar 'cried' louder which was hilarious.

When we got back home, Zoe was changed and Alfie was in the middle of getting changed.

"Next time, answer your phone and don't run off without telling us where you are going" Zoe moaned.

"What so you're gonna have a go at me for coming home? Maybe next time I won't come back and I'll run away" I answered back.

Honestly, I don't know why I'm being so hard on her. I understand how hard it must be to bring up a teenager when you're in your early teens but it seems like all she has done lately is moan. Something's bugging her and I need to find out what it is.