Chapter 23

I quickly got dressed but I wore casual clothes instead of a dress. I was actually quite scared, can I trust Caspar?

"Dad, can I trust Caspar?" I asked Alfie.

"Yeah. He's been our friend for a while, what he did was a mistake"

"How's joe? He seemed mad at him when I left"

"He's fine, they're talking again now"

"Ok"

I played with Nala for a bit and then fed the guinea pigs. Zoe went to bed for a nap and then Caspar came. He must have been able to tell I was a little scared because as soon as he saw me he reassured me everything was going to be fine and what he did was a horrible mistake.

"You look beautiful" Caspar told me as we got in to his car.

"Caspar, I'm wearing a t-shirt and jeans, I'm not really britiains next top model"

"But you still manage to look beautiful in it"

"You don't need to flirt Caspar, I'm already in to you. Wait, did I just say that out loud?" I asked.

Caspar blushed and nodded.

He drove me to a festival sort of thing. There were rollercoasters, amusements and stalls. It looked really fun.

"I'm paying for everything so you can leave your bag in the car" Caspar insisted before we got out of the car.

"I can't let you pay for everything" I told him.

"Yes you can, and you will"

I put my bag in the back of the car and off we went.

"Hey, let's go on the big roller coaster first" Caspar suggested.

"Big roller coaster?" I asked a little nervous.

"You're safe with me, I promise you'll be ok"

Somehow those words made me feel safe, even if it was from somebody who maybe tried to kill my ex. I'm gonna put that behind me now, I guess people can change.

"Ok, let's go"

He went to get a hold of my hand but suddenly he stopped and carried on walking. What if I'm making him feel uncomfortable? What if he doesn't want this anymore and he can see this is a mistake?

"Caspar, if you don't want this anymore you just have to say. I'm ok with it if you don't want this. Whatever makes you happy"

"I do want this, I really like you Abi, I've been waiting to do this for a while now"

He grabbed my hand and I got a shock, I think I flinched a bit and he looked at me but I gave him a smile and we carried on walking.

When we got on the big roller coaster, Caspar could see I was a little scared.

"You'll be fine. Just breathe and if you feel the need to then you could always cuddle in to me" He winked.

"Jeez, I'm scared and all you can think about is cuddling in to you?" I joked.

The roller coaster started moving as we made our way up a steep track. I looked over at what was going to happen and I automatically wanted to get off. A vertical drop going down. I could fall out!

"Caspar, I'm scared" I admitted.

"You'll be ok, I've been on these sort of 'rides' loads before. It's actually quite fun"

He held my hand as we dropped and when I saw a camera I stuck my tongue out and made a funny face. I'm pretty sure Caspar did as well. We will probably end up buying the photo and laughing about it.