Gotta Get Outta Here

Darry's pov:
As we drove back home from the funeral, everything was silent except for Sodapop's cries, I knew now things would be different just like when mom and dad died. Even though I was hurting as much as the gang I knew I needed to stay strong, if everyone was gonna sit around and stop living I was gonna have to be the one to keep them going. I looked through the back view mirror wondering how Pony was doing, he was blank looking outside of the window, he looked broken, confused, lost. Poor kid seen alot at a young age, I knew I had to try my best not to give him a hard time.

We made it back home and silently walking in. "Hey, I'm gonna have to go, my kid sisters hungry, so I'm gonna head to the dingo, any of you guys wanna come with?" Twobit said
"We're good, We're just gonna stay here for today." I sighed "I can go with."Steve said
"Alright, see ya later." Twobit then walked out with his little sister with Steve joining along.
It was now just the three of us. Sodapop and Ponyboy were in their room, I heard sobs coming from their closed door. I walked up and knocked on the door lightly and opened it. Pony and Soda were both on the bed hugging eachother as they both cried.
"Hey, are you two alright?" I said softly, they both looked at me in tears, I walked up to them and kneeled down hugging them tightly. "Look, I know you two are both upset but, things will get better. I promise." They both started to sob more drenching my shirt with their tears. This reminded me when our parents had died. It had felt as if we were reliving that moment in that very second. We lied on the bed as they both started to fall asleep on my chest. It was dark out and about time for me to go to bed but they seemed so peaceful so I decided to sleep as they lay on me.

Sodapop's pov:
I woke up to the sun shining and the birds singing a happy tune, everything look happy but, I felt awful, my heart ached after what has happened from the past weeks. I lost two firends and the love of my life, things have been hard and now I had to go to work and try to bear the awful pain I feel.
I went to change in my work clothes and cook some breakfast since I was the first one up. I heard the door swing open as Twobit walked In. He didn't say a usual joke anymore, he just silently went to the fridge and grabbed cake.
"Morning Soda, how you doing?" He asked softly. It was strange seeing Twobit act calm when his usual personality was like a child in a candy store.
"Good. You want some breakfast?" I asked
"Sure, I'll be in the living room if you need me."
Ponyboy then walked into the kitchen, he didn't get ready for the day at all. He was still wearing his Pijamas and his hair was all messed up. He seemed as if he didn't care for a thing.
"Morning Pony."
"Morning."
"How come your not ready for school?" I asked
"Forget about school. I ain't going" He sighed
"No, c'mon Ponyboy get ready to school, you gotta go. I don't wanna hear you and Darry fight today, I'm not in the mood for it." I placed the breakfast on the dinning table.
Ponyboy slightly groaned and walked to our room and to the bathroom.
Steve came walking in. "Hey, where's Darry? We gotta be in the Gas Station early." Steve said as he stuffed his mouth with Chocolate cake.
Darry then walked in all ready for work. "Alright let's go." He said walking out of the door. And off we went to work. Hopefully we could last the day with these heart aches.

Ponyboys pov:
I walked out of the bathroom to see Twobit sitting on the couch waiting for me so we could go to school. He got up and gave me a little smile.
"Hey Ponyboy."
"Hey." I mumbled
"You alright?"
"Yeah why wouldn't I be."
"I was just asking." He sighed as he grabbed his leather jacket.
"C'mon, don't wanna be late to school."

We walked out of the house and into Twobits car. I gave him a push start and ran in before he could drive off without me.

When  We made it to school we went our separate ways to our lockers. I stared noticing people giving me both dirty stares and concerned stares. It didn't make me feel to hot.

I honestly wanted to go somewhere besides school, I didn't want to be home either, I wanted to go somewhere without the reminder of Johnny and Dallys death, without getting stares, without needing to worry of being yelled at Darry or being throw in a boys home, or socs. I don't want to be in Tulsa anymore, I wanna leave. Escape from this miserable place.

I closed my locker and went the opposite direction from where my class was. I made sure not to seem sketchy as I walked, I suddenly bumped into Cherry. "Hey, Ponyboy." She smiled
"Hey."
"How are you feeling?"
"Alright." I sighed "How about the gang." "They're not the same as before but aren't we all?"
"I heard the funeral was yesterday, I'm sorry I couldn't go, you know."
"It's alright not like you wanted to go."
She stood there shocked.
"Look Ponyboy if you just wanted me to leave you alone you would have just asked." She yelled. I stood there without a care in the world as she walked away.

I didn't care anymore, I didn't care if Cherry hated me, I didn't care if a socs nearly killed me, I don't care if I was out in a ditch bleeding to death. I gusse when you lose somebody you care for; things don't really matter.
I walked out of the school building and started to run my way to a bus stop. Minutes later the bus came. I walked in paying the ride with the money that was supposed to be for lunch. I sat all the way in the back and looked out of the window seeing the trees pass by. I didn't care where I was going. I just wanted to go somewhere far away. With no worries.

(I'm really sorry it took a long time to get this one released, I was honestly having a hard time with a plot, but now I think things will go smoothly)
Stay Gold