Sorry

As I sat in the living room there was a knock on the door, I opened it to see Cherry.
"Hey Ponyboy, You wanna go for a walk?" She asked
"Sure." I said.
We both walked around my side of town knowing there wouldn't be any trouble caused.
"I'm sorry about my brother and all what happened that night." She sighed
"It's alright, it ain't your fault."
"I wish Gary would've never pick a fight...He was drunk."
"I figured. Look Cherry I'm also sorry about Steve and Twobit beating Gary up too."
"It's alright...He deserved it...I know he's my brother but he did something wrong, he sent you to the hospital Ponyboy! I feel so awful."
"You shouldn't."
"I know but... it's ju-"
I then kissed Cherry, I know it was sudden and a wrong time to do it, but I did. I was waiting for her to slap me but to my surprise she kissed back.
Her lips were soft and nice.
We kissed for about a second and pulled back. She smiled and I stood there blushing.
"Cherry...I know I'm younger and I know I'm a greaser and that we only dated one time...but I like you, like...like like you."
"Me to Ponyboy but...I just want to slow things down for now...We can date eachother but no one can know, I don't want Gary or other Socs to come along and do the same that happened last time...Alright?"
"Alright...I understand."
Cherry stood silent for a moment and kissed my on the cheek.
"See You at school Ponyboy." She smiled as she walked away leaving me dumbstruck.