Just Take Things Slow

I closed the door behind me with a goofy smile, Steve and Twobit left and Darry was still at work, the only one in the house was Sodapop.
"Oh I know that smile."Soda said "What did you do?"
"I kissed Cherry." I felt my face get red just thinking about it.
"How was it?"
"It was good, but she told me We should take our time into things you know, no rush."
"Oh I remember those days..." He fantasized about his previous relationship. I had then seen the near smile on Sodapops face disappear.
I sat besides him.
"You alright Soda?" I asked
"I miss her..." He gave a quivering sigh
"I know you do."
"I sometimes feel like it was my fault."
"You done nothing wrong to deserve that Soda, it ain't your fault that Sandy left you."
Tears were steaming down his face
"I wanted to marry her Ponyboy, I wanted to live my life with her, grow old with her, So what if she was pregnant, So what if her parents don't approve us marrying each other, I loved her! I still do!" He cried on my shoulder,I hugged him tightly.
"Trust me Soda there are other girls out there."
"But none like Sandy, I don't think I'll ever get over her."
"You will, You have to, If you don't then you'll might miss on a greater relationship than Sandy."
"I know but...I feel like I just need to take my time, You know. I ain't ready to go on another date or meet another girl." He sniffed
"And that's alright." I said softly
"Man, I'm sorry Ponyboy, I probably ruined your good mood." He sighed
"You didn't, It's alright for you to feel sad about that, It's normal." I said
"Thanks Pony." He gave a sad smile
"No problem."
I got up and walked to my room to finish my missing assignments.