Not to Lucky

Steve's Pov:

Me and Soda were silent in the car as we drove back to his place from a football game, this time instead of bringing Evie along I just decide it'll be best if it was just me and him. Though we didn't go to the games to watch football.

Since the football field was more close to the west side of town we drove past there.
As we were about to enter the East side Soda suddenly gasped.
"Stop the car!" He yelled in panic. I pulled the breaks.
"Why, what is it?" I asked
He didn't respond and just got out of the car and walked to the headlights, kneeling down.
I got out of the car.
"Soda wha-" I froze and a wave of nausea hit me.

It was Ponyboy, He was passed out on the floor, blood dripping from his neck, dry blood from his ears and nose.
His eyes seemed to be swollen and his shirt was ripped.
There was only one explanation for this. Socs.
Soda looked up at me with tears in his eyes.
"Who'd do this to him?" He cried
"I think you know who Soda." I said softly
"Damn Socs." He said in anger.
"Steve help me put him in the back seat." Soda and I picked him up nicely and put him on the back seat, Soda sat with him, Ponyboys head laying on Sodas leg, Soda silently sobbed as I was speeding through the streets.
Why does this happen, We've been through enough.

Steve Pulled in front of the house and We both carried Ponyboy into the house placing him nicely on the couch.
Darry walked in.
"What the hell happened?" He said in terror.
"Ponyboy got jumped." I cried
"Soda get me the first Aid, Steve get a wet rag." Darry demanded as he kneeled over to Ponyboy.

Darrys Pov:

The poor kid looked awful, Like he got attacked by a pack of wolves.
"Ponyboy...Ponyboy can you hear me?" I said softly
He Groaned and turned his head.
"It...H-Hurts." He whimpered.
"Where Little Bud?"  Ponyboy lifted his head and opened his eyes.
"E-Everywhere." He winced in pain his eyes slowly closed again and his head fell back into the couch.
He must've blacked out again.
Soda and Steve came in fast into the living room. Soda kneeled beside me and Steve stood there looking down worried.
Me and Soda both cleaned the blood and putting band aids on the small cuts.
Ponyboy did have a more scratch like look to his throat, Thankfully it wasn't that deep so it didn't seen fatal.

I picked Ponyboy up carefully, taking him to his bedroom.
I placed him on the bed nicely, taking off his shoes that now had blood on them.
I heard Soda struggling to take the armchair into the room with Steve helping him.
Soda sat down covering himself with the blanket from the living room.
"Soda...I think you should sleep in your old room." I said softly.
"No, I ain't gonna leave my kid brother." Soda said
His eyes looked broken and swollen from all of his crying from the past days.
Poor Sodas been falling apart.
"Soda... Please. I'll be here tonight."
"Yeah c'mon Soda you need some rest." Stevs put a hand on his shoulder. Soda looked frustrated but sighed.
"Alright, I'll be in my old room. Night Dar, Let me know when Pony Wakes up." He slowly got up, Him and Steve walking out of the room.

I sat down on the armchair and looked at Ponyboy who had a pained expression to his face.
Things don't seem to be getting any better since Dally and Johnnys death. I don't know what to do anymore, Everything's falling apart like a roof that wasn't put together well.
I felt my eyes get heavy as I slowly drift off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I jumped up startled to Ponyboy yelling in pain, I immediately got up on my feet, Soda flew into the room with a scared expression.
"Easy there Ponyboy." He said in a soft voice.
Ponyboy whined and whimpered  as he held his left arm tightly.
"My arm." He cried
"What happened to your arm?" I asked sitting on the edge of the bed.
Soda grabbed his left arm and pulled the sleeve up nicely, revealing his Swollen arm, it had looked like a bone was making a lump on the side, nearly popping out.
Ponyboy looked at it and panicked more, Sobbing.
Soda ran his hand down Ponyboys hair "It's alright Pony, your gonna be just fine." Ponyboy closed his eyes and quickly calmed down.
Soda was the only mechanic to calm down Ponyboy, He got that from Mom, before mom and dad died, Mom alwaysed put Ponyboy to sleep with her calming voice.
I got up and got some pain killers, a glass of water and an ice pack to help the pain.

We helped Ponyboy sit up, giving him the pill and drink.
He took it and layed back down on Sodas lap. I put the ice pack on Ponyboys arm, he moved his had away at first but them calmed down.

Minutes later he was out like a light.
"So, You gonna let me stay here now?" Soda gave a smirk
"Fine, Just get some rest still." I sighed.
"Don't know if I can keep the promise."
"You better or I'll sneak some sleeping pills in the next cup of chocolate milk you drink." I said walking out of the room.
"Night Dar."
"Night. Get some rest."
I got ready for bed, The moment I hit the pillows I was out like a light