Normal Day More Worries

Ponyboys pov:
"Hey kid, wake up." Was the first thing I heard before I opened my eyes to see the man with bright blue eyes, wrinkles and a big white beard, he wore overalls and a red hat, I remembered him from the night before, he's that man who worked in the Gas Station
He looked relieved. "Damn kid you got me scared to death, I thought you were dead."
"Sorry to scare you sir." I sat up and leaned against the wall, The man lit a cigarette and started to smoke.
"I'm sorry to ask but can I have a cigarette?" I asked
His eyes widened "Are you crazy boy? A boy you're age can't smoke, you need healthy lungs for a healthy future."
"Your smoking."
"I made bad decisions back then and those bad decisions followed me all my life." The man stood quiet for a moment
"What are you doing sleeping in the back of an alleyway anyway?" He asked
I stood silent for a moment I couldn't think of a lie.
"Look I'm sorry to say this sir but can you please just leave me alone." I busted out
"Well I just asked a simple question boy."
"Well that question ain't easy to awnser."
"Why?... Wait, aren't you that kid who said he moved in just yesterday?"
"Yeah..." I thought of a lie "I- I had a fight with my parents and I ran away." The man looked at me for a moment seeing if I was telling the truth, I held my breath. "That wasn't hard, wasn't it." He smiled "What's your name kid?"
"Ponyboy." I stood there waiting for the remarks to blow out of his mouth.
"Well heck, I thought I was the only one with a strange name." He laughed, I looked up at him curious "what's your name?" I asked "The Names Bulldogger but, you could just call me Bull."
"How'd you get the name?"
"Well, before I was born my Paps was in the Rodeo business, he was, he loved Rodeos and was the champion on almost every tournament,so he decided to name me what he loved, and of course I got teased by the name but it didn't bother me, I was so proud of it and I still am to this day." His blue eyes smiled.."Well, I gusse we're not that diffrent after all Ponyboy, do you want me to take you to your place before I go to my job?"
"Oh, no I'm alright, it's fine."
"Alright suit yourself." Bull then walked away from sight. I sighed in relief, I grabbed the bag of food I had bought and ate some chips and drank Pepsi.

My plan was to just stay here for a while, get a break from Tusla and see things, think of life and try to forget of what happened in the past. I honestly liked it here, there were no gang fights no police sirens yelling all day, no trouble, everyone was just another friendly face and I liked that. But I knew if I was gonna stay here for a while, I'd need to get some more cash quick, or I'll be eating candybars and chips the whole time.

Sodapop's pov:
We looked everywhere last night for Ponyboy but there was no luck, We had no clue on where he'd gone and no idea why he had left. We all worried awful lot and didn't want to turn to the cops for help.
"You alright Soda." Darry said as he opened the door of the bedroom. Tears were steaming down my face, "Yeah." I sniffed
He sat besides me and hugged me. " Hey its gonna be alright Soda, I promise we'll find him, we just need to look harder, heck we need even if we need to look out of the country."
I looked at Darrys blue eyes, They were tears forming he tried hard to hold them in.
"Are you alright Dar?"
"Yeah, I'm alright." He smiled sadly.
He stood up "C'mon, sitting and mopping around won't find our kid brother, Twobit and Steve are looking out of town, we need to also."
I followed Darry out of the house and into the Truck, even though we had felt dreadful we knew that wouldn't help us find Ponyboy, So we knew we had to push through and Look for him no matter where he was, I'd search the whole state if I had to, until my kid brother was safe at home.